“A great place for fun for young and old!”

Dutch Creek Farm Animal Park
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I were there last week. It is an Amish farm of 30 acres with many farm and exotic animals. The prices are reasonable,and you could buy treats for the walk through area animals for 25 cents.We did the walk through area,and then we rode in a large horse-pulled wagon with back to back seating down the center and an awning over the top for sun protection. We were given grain-filled rubber bowls to feed the animals, as they would come up to our wagon. Wagon railings were placed ,so the animals could feed from the bowls,but not get onboard with us! We stopped along the way to feed them. Some of the bigger animals were pushy, but all got to eat sooner or later! Wow! So many different kinds. The driver would tell us what kind they were,as we did not recognize several of them. I had never seen a Zedonk,Watusi cow, etcetera. The adults were having as much fun as the children in our group! When you go, see if "July" is there. He is a tiny dwarf pony with deformed feet that was given to the farm 2 months before we came. His big eyes showed his spirit,and hope for good things to come. I will always remember him! Take your kids too,and you can all enjoy this unusual farm!!

All reviews
"all ages"
in 8 reviews
"walk around"

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We came here with my 1.5 year old daughter, husband, sister, her fiance and my dad and stepmom. The workers were very friendly, seemed to know everything about their animals and the animals seemed happy and healthy. It was awesome having the opportunity to feed and pet animals I've never been close to. The animals were gentle, even the giant longhorn with my 1.5 year old. She loved chasing the rooster and petting the horses. Would recommend to EVERYONE and will definitely be going back!

5  Thank Jamie W
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had heard about this new attraction last year and finally made the drive (about 45 minutes) this past weekend hoping to pacify our 3 year olds desire to "go to the zoo." Little did us parents know that we would have just as much fun as our daughter. Vernon (owner) gave us a very detailed and unrushed tour through the park/fields and answered all of our questions and made sure we saw all of the animals. You have a chance to feed as many of the animals as you want as they come right up to the wagon you are on. Think "safari" type ride. 38 different species from parrot to 1200 lb Brahma Bull.

Bring wet wipes to clean up with afterwards because you will be dirty from petting all of the animals!

1  Thank Wakarusa_INTraveler
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The coolest thing we have done in a long time. Such nice Amish family running the show. Made us feel welcome and wanted us to enjoy ourselves. Plan on at least 2 hours......at least. Loved every minute!

1  Thank T K
See more reviews
Reviewed June 18, 2013

For over 6 years, I have been traveling several times a year through Northern Indiana to visit family in Ohio. I just discovered this farm and will make multiple trips back. This farm is better than the best zoos. When else could I pet and feed zebras, Rocky Mountain Elks, camels, miniature horses, and much, much more--all while being driven by horse-pulled vehicle by the caring and knowledgeable owner? The diverse animals seemed well-cared for and the grounds well-maintained. My daughter even got driven on a small horse-drawn buggy by the owner's son.

Date of experience: June 2013