“Congratulations !!!!!!!”

Hostetler's Hudson Auto Museum
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Shipshewana
More attraction details
Owner description: World's largest collection of Hudson, Essex, & Terraplane automobiles. Ranging from 1909 to 1956 the collection houses some of the finest examples of the autos produced by the Hudson Automobile Company. Both pristine restorations and pristinely preserved examples walk you through time while you reminisce about America's love affair with the automobile.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We took photos a have fun.... Prices are great !!!!!! I like all cars and the place close to our hotel

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our seven-year-old had a great time at the museum with his dad and grandpa! There was a variety of displays and some amazing historical cars!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and our bus driver visited here as it was next door to the hotel. Neither came back with rave revues, but the price was good.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

When I used to think of the Hudson automobile, I thought of my brother’s first 1939 used Hudson with no grille and the Hornets of the 1950s. I had no idea Hudson built such beautiful cars in the 1930s. Walking through the stunning new Hostetler’s Hudson Museum, I was impressed with a beautifully restored automobile from just about every model year that Hudson made cars. I can now place the 1930s Hudsons very favorably along side the Cadillacs, Packards, Chryslers and Studebakers of that era. All very beautiful automobiles. By the way, when you leave Hostetler’s, drive east 8 miles on Route Rt 20, and have a meal at Das Dutchman Essenhaus Amish Smorgasbord & Bakery at the corner of Rt 20 and Rt 13 in Middlebury.

2  Thank Denny M
Reviewed April 28, 2014

What a beautiful collection of cars! The cars on display run from the 1900's into the 1950's with many rare examples. Most are restored to show quality and a few have been preserved in a slightly weathered state. All have great information and the history of where they came from, which is very interesting. the overall size of the museum is pretty small, buy the quality of the displays makes up for the quantity. I even had the pleasure of Mr. Eldon Hostetler, the collector, talk to me about the Hudson Woody and the story behind it. It was a very good visit and I took around 500 pictures in total. There is also a small gift shop in the lobby with some interesting stuff.

If you are thinking of visiting the Studebaker Museum down the road in South Bend, add the Hudsom Museum to the visit. It's very much worth it.

1  Thank Frank D