“Great Quilt Festival” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostetler's Hudson Auto Museum

Hostetler's Hudson Auto Museum
Ranked #5 of 14 things to do in Shipshewana
More attraction details
Owner description: World's largest collection of Hudson, Essex, & Terraplane automobiles. Ranging from 1909 to 1956 the collection houses some of the finest examples of the autos produced by the Hudson Automobile Company. Both pristine restorations and pristinely preserved examples walk you through time while you reminisce about America's love affair with the automobile.
lancaster, ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Quilt Festival”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

So nice that they worked the quilts with the cars. It was amazing how they matched the colors of the quilts and the cars.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank angelLancaster_Ohio

Milford, Delaware
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Lots of Hudsons!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you are a car museum buff, this is a place not to miss. It's not all that big, but it will take you a couple of hours to go through it if you enjoy each of the cars on display. Even us ladies enjoyed it. We had a personal tour with a volunteer guide and he told us interesting history with the cars that weren't on the information cards. Was a great stop on an impromptu kind of day!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank CherylRN13
Harlingen, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome cars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

If you like to view cars in pristine condition and enjoy car shows then check it out. Plan on several hours to view and read information cards.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank tonyjsan
Jackson, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gorgeous cars and interesting history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Both my husband and my teen granddaughter found the cars fascinating. A very nice gentleman gave us a guided tour and provided so many wonderful details about the Hudson motor cars.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jan B
Grand Rapids, Michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“WOW!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I grew up in the area and return about a half dozen times a year but never visited the museum until Thanksgiving weekend this year. I am so glad I finally made it. I was amazed one family (Eldon and Esta Hostetler) could accumulate such an incredible collection by themselves. Each car has an informative sign in front of it which tells information about the car in general and how it came to be in the collection. The first time I saw a description along the lines of "The last car of this type known to exist . . ." I just assumed I was looking at the star of the show. As I continued through the museum, I discovered there were quite a few extremely rare cars. The Hostetler's obviously picked their cars very carefully. One thing I really liked about the museum is that they trust visitors enough to let them get up close to the cars. I appreciated the ability to see the fine detail that would otherwise be overlooked. Admission is free for 5 and under, $4 for students (6-17), $8 for adults and $7 for seniors or those with AAA. Personally, I think this is a bargain for such an incredible collection. My Dad and I spent about three hours looking at every single car but others could probably do it in less. My Dad moves a bit slow but plenty of benches are available if you need to rest. The entire collection is on the first floor so no climbing of stairs is necessary.

Visited November 2012