Van Buren Hotel
$68
Farmstead Inn(Shipshewana)
$84
$87
Super 8 Shipshewana(Shipshewana)(Great Value!)
$61
$98
Hampton.com
Super 8 Howe(Howe)(Great Value!)
$58
$94
HIExpress.com
$50
$105
$98
$109
Travelocity
All reviewsflea marketfront deskking whirlpool suitesausage pattiesamish countryfresh fruitnice pool areahot breakfaststayed for two nightsvery nice hotelwould stay here againfront porchspent one nightbreakfast was includedminute drivegreat place to stayoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

A quiet extremely well kept hotel on the main street. While I did not partake of breakfast daily it was plentiful and substantial or light depending on your desire. I did find the coffee to resemble instant, no flavor but that seemed the case in the while area. I missed my cafe Verona!

The seating areas in the room along with frig allowed enjoyment of local treats. The hotel was a pleasure. It even had a guest laundry to permit packing of clean clothes for my next stop.

• Stayed: August 2012
VanBuren7780, Front Office Manager at Van Buren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! We've tried several brands of coffee, but we are always open to suggestions. :) Next time you will have to give us some hints.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Spent one night in Shipshewana while visiting some of the local attractions. The hotel was a pretty basic no-frills kind of place. The room was clean and pretty comfortable but not exactly a four-star affair. The only major issue was that the floors provided virtually no sound proofing. Unfortunately we had what seemed to be a couple of small children above us and their normal playing around sounded like they were jumping on our heads. They turned in early though so things were OK by the time we went to sleep.
Shipshewana is an interesting place but I didn't realize it was a dry town. So if you'd like a class of wine or an after dinner drink, better bring your own. One other tip about the town. The Mercantile Center is a sort of Amish mall. Unfortunately, most of the items for sale there are not real hand-crafted goods, but are actually cheap foreign knock-offs. If you want the real Amish goods you'll need to visit the smaller local family-run shops.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nearlycanadian

First I would like to apologize for the noise. We try to keep any families with children on 1st floor for just that reason. It doesn't matter how small the feet, it always ends up sounding like a herd of elephants. Second, a good tip for you would be to travel some of the back roads around town. You will find more Amish businesses, because most of them have shops on their personal property. Third, definitely stop and get your adult beverages on your way to town. I'll let you in on a little "secret", too. We are the only hotel in town that even allows alcohol, so keep that in mind while booking. That you for all of your input, and I hope you have an even better experience if/when you come back to Shipshewana.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Hotel is clean, reasonable and near all attractions. Free breakfast is good Wi-fi worked fine. Front desk was helpful with questions about attractions in the area. We visited the flea market, the visitors center and did a one hour horse and buggy ride based on their recommendations and enjoyed them very much.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We checked in right at 3:00 & discovered the wireless did not work in our area of the hotel. We were never told about this & were told we would have the advertised wireless. When we called to inquire why we could not get a wireless signal, the desk clerk told us to "go out in the hall & maybe you could get a signal" ! A gentleman was also out in the hall walking around with his iPad up in the air! Other than that, we had a positive experience.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Colleen B
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Family shopping trip that included my mother, myself, a daughter and 4 of my grandchildren. We had 2 rooms on 2nd floor right across from each other that were close to elevator and stairs. One rm. was a King suite, that had a king bed in a separate bedroom and a sofa sleeper in a living area. Each area had there own TVs. The other rm. had 2 queen beds. Each rm. had a refridgerator and a microwave. The oak furniture was beautiful! Cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere and I am a frequent traveler.

The grandkids enjoyed the pool (towels were provided) after shopping at the flea market (100 degrees that day)! Everyone had a great nights sleep, and breakfast was exceptionally good the next day. There were eggs, sausage patties, pastries, bagels, oatmeal, waffles, variety of drinks and more. No one left hungry. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family