“Perfectplace to stay if going to Indiana Grand Casino & Indiana Downs Racetrack”

Comfort Inn Shelbyville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a nice hotel and the front desk personel are very friendly and helpful. It is your typical Comfort Inn with microwave & refrigerator, table & chairs as well as a recliner. We stayed here twice while going to the Horse Races & Casino as it is just down the road a short distance. They offer a free shuttle Friday & Saturday nights but we always drove our car and parked in the parking garage.

My only complaint is that the toilets sit very close to the floor. I asked and all rooms are the same. I had knee replacement and found it quite difficult to use. The room was clean and the bed & bedding was all very nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nana&Boppa
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Shelbyville

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The staff at this hotel works really hard to keep this property on a par with the other, newer hotels neaby.

The lobby, grounds, and rooms are all clean.

I especially appreciated the response regarding our AC unit. Unlike the Hilton in St. Louis, they responded promptly when advised. The technician arrived, took the cover off the unit and then said "This Unit needs replaced". Before I could ask to moved, he replied "I know we're sold out tonight, so I am going to have to change this unit out for one that's working. I will have it done in 2 hours."

Much to my amazment, two hours later and the new unit was in place and our room was cool.

Also, there is a shuttle to the Casino....I think it runs on the hour.

All things considered, this hotel is a great value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank FritzP
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel one night during a road trip. I had previously narrowed down my choices in this area and this was the first hotel we stopped at. It was very conveniently located just off the highway. The parking lot was fairly full while several others in the area looked fairly empty. The front desk clerk was very efficient, friendly and easy to work with. Was quoted the standard rate that was showing up in my searches. Managed to get the AARP discount off of the standard rate.
The room was strictly average though there was a mini-fridge and microwave. Furnishings were showing some age and wear but the room was very clean. Had an upstairs (elevator) room in the front. Perhaps a little noise from the parking lot but as a whole, noise was not an issue.
We did not get up in time for the free breakfast though I was able to get coffee in the morning. Also received a complimentary USA today.
Checkout was also easy. All of the desk people and other personnel were very friendly. I am typically very weary of Comfort Inns and the like but this one fit our needs for a quick overnight stay with no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NegrilSalute
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I treated my husband to a weekend of casino gambling and two nights away from home. Our first stop was Shelbyville, Indiana. We had reservations at the Comfort Inn which was only about 7 miles from the casino. The casino has a shuttle service that makes trips every hour in the evening but we did not utilize the service. The hotel staff was excellent. The room was great for the price, large and clean. We had a comfortable peaceful night. Will return!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joni8360
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was a wonderful experience! The staff was friendly and professional. They recommended some great local restaurants.The rooms were spacious, well appointed, very comfortable and while we were there, they installed new flatscreen TV's. The indoor pool was nice. The breakfast selection was very good. We definately plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank siboles
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed June 23, 2012. My wife, and I, passed through Shelbyville, while on vacation in order to go to Indiana Grand Casino. This visit was a great value considering the wonderful breakfast, friendly staff, free shuttle to the casino and the price. BTW, we enjoyed the casino, too! I would recommend staying at the Comfort Inn to my friends!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert B
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed in Quality Inn a few days ago when in Shelbyville because Comfort Inn was booked. I prefer the Comfort Inn just because of the set up.

Not only do they have an elevator, but it just seemed so much easier to get to the rooms. The only benefit of Quality Inn is that there were more places to eat in the area.

There is an indoor swimming pool here, but we did not try it. The room is a nice size, and noise is minimal. The hotel does sit high on the hill, so when gps says "you are here".. keep going up the hill to the Comfort Inn :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CoastalJen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn
#1 of 6 in Franklin
Baymont Inn & Suites Franklin
Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg

Been to Comfort Inn Shelbyville? Share your experiences!