“I would stay here again.”

Comfort Inn Shelbyville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed in Quality Inn a few days ago when in Shelbyville because Comfort Inn was booked. I prefer the Comfort Inn just because of the set up.

Not only do they have an elevator, but it just seemed so much easier to get to the rooms. The only benefit of Quality Inn is that there were more places to eat in the area.

There is an indoor swimming pool here, but we did not try it. The room is a nice size, and noise is minimal. The hotel does sit high on the hill, so when gps says "you are here".. keep going up the hill to the Comfort Inn :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CoastalJen

Reviewed March 19, 2012

My family (including two boys, ages 1 and 6) stayed 4 nights in March 2012 and we were especially grateful for the use of the indoor pool! The room was well-equipped, including a mini-fridge and microwave, and they had no problem loaning us a pack-and-play for the baby. The continental breakfast had good choices and the area was kept clean each day. We didn't get to try the Athletic Club in the adjacent building, but were impressed with this offering. Our interactions with the staff were always positive and each staff member was helpful, especially those who recommended local restaurants for us to try. We did have a little noise down the hallway from a large group watching March Madness in their room, but with the baby in our room - they probably heard us too. All in all, we'd definitely go back to the Comfort Inn in Shelbyville.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kslaboch
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My previous stay at this hotel didn't go so well, and if it wasn't for the deal I got I wouldn't have stayed again. Well I'm pleased to say that I had a very nice stay this time! The staff was very friendly, and checking in was quick. My room smelled fresh looked clean, only one issue as they could've pre-warmed the room. It was freezing as the heater was off, but no harm no foul.
Fresh sheets, plenty of pillows and linens. The TV needs upgraded badly as they still have the old style.
The breakfast was very good and you have youir choice of cheese omelets with sausage patties, various pastries and cereals. Make your own waffles or have yogurt and fruits, there's plenty of milk and juices as well as coffee.

Room Tip: Get a third floor room! Check with Hotels.com for good rates.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank imsfan
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We had 4 people stay here for the Superbowl and everything was great. The rooms were clean and the front desk clerks were accomodating. I had an accident in the early hours and Beth at the front desk went way beyond her job description and did it in a very profsesional manner! I would like to thank her again!! Also, they have a shuttle service that brought us to and from the airport and downtown Indi owned by Frank Davis and was also unbelievable. He treated us like family and also helped me in a time of need. We were concerned about staying this far out of Indi but none of them disapointed us in any way! Thank you!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RGLNashua
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The hotel is small, about 50 rooms. It is very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. There is an indoor pool and free wi-fi in the rooms. Continental breakfast is served daily. The hotel is close to downtown and the casino.
Our room was very clean and in excellent condition.
I would definitely stay here again if I was in Shelbyville.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank deezoomo
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in November 2011. I was quite surprised at how nice a place it was. The bed was comfortable. It was well-appointed, with a couch and a desk in the king room. My husband's only complaint was that there were several small pillows on the bed instead of fewer, larger pillows. Not much to complain about! :-)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lorisuemiller
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is a good solid 2.5 star hotel. Very clean and front desk service was friendly. The only thing holding me back from 5 stars was the beds. They were a little firm and they had those tiny pillows that are uncomfortable to sleep with. They need two large pillows on the bed instead of four tiny ones.
I would definetly stay again as it is close to the casino we were visiting. The hotel had a nice pool and breakfast.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room far away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LCFTAK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 6 in Shelbyville

Been to Comfort Inn Shelbyville? Share your experiences!