“Good Samaritan - Excellent Service”

Hampton Inn Shelbyville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Samaritan - Excellent Service”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My car broke down near the exit of this hotel. The tow truck took me the hotel. I was so pleased with the hotel facilities, they were clean and comfortable. I loved their bedding..pillows were comfortable. The night staff (Jeremy) was so helpful and even offered to take us to the car rental facility the following morning. The day staff was also very helpful in allowing me to let my car sit there until I went back home and return with a u-haul to get my car back home. In the midst of a traumatic experience..the hotel staff in this hotel made it much less traumatic. I will sure stay here again (if I am ever back in the area) and I recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
On behalf of the Hampton Inn, it gives us great pleasure to thank you for your business. Here at the Hampton Inn, we are one big family. We want our guests to feel at home and welcomed. All of us at the Hampton Inn like to do everything possible to make your stay memorable and pleasant. We strive very hard to make you feel at home.

We want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We Always strive for Perfect, so if we don't do so please let us know so we can correct it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 28, 2013

No hot water and no water pressure. Friendly staff though. Clean room. Beds were comfortable.
Morning showers were very cold. Called front desk and they said they would check. Left water running for 30 minutes. Very little improvement.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Travis M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff and we are going to be looking into the water issue as when we are a little slow it may take time to flow throughout the building. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our family pulled off the interstate and spent the night at this property on 12/15/12 and had a fine night's stay following a full day on the road. The lady at the front desk was very expedient in checking us in so we could get to our room. The room and bathroom were clean, the beds comfortable and all bedding had a clean, fresh look and feel to it. Our children even enjoyed the pool before bed time. The provided breakfast was more than adequate with many different items (hot & cold). We will stay here again when making the sojourn to Iowa from South Carolina.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The managers are rude, the hallways smell, they charge wayyy to much and the food is nasty. I don't recommend this hotel. The guys up front talk to you like you are stupid. They say its non skmoking when i checked in at three my room was full of ciggarette smoke so clearly the housekeepers smoke in the rooms

• Stayed November 2012
Travis M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Wild Rose
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Recently stayed 10/18/2012 and everything was very nice. It was quiet, beds were comfortable, room was clean. Only negative was water pressure in the shower was not very good. Didn't try the breakfast but if traveling through this area would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hardy, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This Hampton Inn was so very nice and just want a person needed after driving 13 hours in a day. Desk Clerk was awesome from the first call to check out in the morning. Was given Comp appetizer for dinner and the Hot tub was so relaxing. Will stay here everytime I have to make the trip from Kentucky to Iowa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We staying at the Hampton Inn because it was close to the Indiana Grand Casino and they offer complimentary shuttle service to the Casino. The rooms were good and of course the beds were GREAT! I love all the Hilton Hotel beds - they are the best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis
#5 of 6 in Shelbyville
Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg
Holiday Inn Express Greensburg
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh

Been to Hampton Inn Shelbyville? Share your experiences!