“It sucked bad”

Hampton Inn Shelbyville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
“It sucked bad”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The managers are rude, the hallways smell, they charge wayyy to much and the food is nasty. I don't recommend this hotel. The guys up front talk to you like you are stupid. They say its non skmoking when i checked in at three my room was full of ciggarette smoke so clearly the housekeepers smoke in the rooms

• Stayed November 2012
Travis M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wild Rose
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Recently stayed 10/18/2012 and everything was very nice. It was quiet, beds were comfortable, room was clean. Only negative was water pressure in the shower was not very good. Didn't try the breakfast but if traveling through this area would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hardy, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This Hampton Inn was so very nice and just want a person needed after driving 13 hours in a day. Desk Clerk was awesome from the first call to check out in the morning. Was given Comp appetizer for dinner and the Hot tub was so relaxing. Will stay here everytime I have to make the trip from Kentucky to Iowa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We staying at the Hampton Inn because it was close to the Indiana Grand Casino and they offer complimentary shuttle service to the Casino. The rooms were good and of course the beds were GREAT! I love all the Hilton Hotel beds - they are the best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Linden, Indiana
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband & I have a getaway weekend about once a month here in Shelbyville @ the Indiana Grand Casino. We have mostly stayed here @ Hampton. Rooms are usually quiet & always very clean. Most everyone we have come in contact with lately have been very helpfull & very nice. Twice now the Hampton was full & we had to stay else where, we heard the trafic on 74 while we were trying to sleep. You won't have that here @ Hampton Inn! They really do care about your visit. We have had several surveys from them after checking out, wanting to know how everything was. Only 1 time did I have any thing negative to say. That is out of like 10 or more visits. They E-mailed me back an appology & made it up to me. They have great coffee, & breakfast if you get up earily enough for it.

Room Tip: I always choose a room away from the elevator so we can sleep without a lot of noise, while most peo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was in town for a softball tourament and even though my kids were playing as well it was crazy and kids were at times loud and we appologized to the guests but the staff was great and they helped keep the kids at bay and accomodate with meeting room space for our team meeting and for extra breakfast space.
Thanks Hampton Inn Shelbyville

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I got a gift card for my birthday from my daughter so I thought that I would treat myself to a nice stay overnight. So we went to this place first well I was not able to talk to the man at the front desk his name unknown due on my part. well I was ready too book the room and I was told that I had to have a credit card I do not have one I was going to use my gift card or cash but I was told again that I had to have a credit card I told him again I did not have one so I asked him why and he said just encase I tore up the place they could charge my Well first I am not the type to do that and When did credit take over cash?? very upsetting night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Travis M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis
#5 of 6 in Shelbyville
Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg
Holiday Inn Express Greensburg
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh

Been to Hampton Inn Shelbyville? Share your experiences!