“Excellent!”

Hampton Inn Shelbyville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you need a hotel in Shelbyville, this is the one! Every staff member was amazing, and everything about this hotel was amazing. Great location, great food. Not sure if the staff is new, but I did not the the experience previous reviewers have. My experience was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rnv1228

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
USA
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Well... though it may be appear to be a small town Hampton Inn, do not step into this dump unless you want to start a fight with the front desk. We walked in and got a room that smelled like smoke. When we told the front desk they said they would take care of it with some air conditioning machine. We went back later and found that no one had done anything because the front desk staff had not told them. Finally, someone brought the machine up and it did ABSOLUTELY nothing. We asked again and they brought up a can of air freshener and did nothing. We were also kept up late do to people jumping on the floor above us. Let's just say that we will be taking advantage of Hampton's 100% Satisfaction or Free discount.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank UsaLake
Travis M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again, I apologize for the level of service that you received. I want you to know that I have addressed our entire staff in regards to this situation. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Van Wert, Ohio
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Was in town for a Golf Outing and Bear Chase and sayed at the hotel. Was able to relax and enjoy myself. It was very quiet. Back from the road with a great view away from the interstate. Staff was great and breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Pecatonica, IL
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Good location. 4 miles from casino. Breakfast was average.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
usa
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stay at Hilton around 100 nights a year, mainly for work. In all of my years as a Hilton Diamond Member, I have never had a staff member go out of his/her way to embarrass me for making a complaint to the front desk. I have severe smoking allergies, and I woke up my first morning to cigarette smoke. It wasn't coming from down the hall or the stairway, but rather through the roof access door (right across from where my room door was). I went down to the front desk to request that whoever was smoking be asked to stop since it was adversely affecting me. The front office staff member was quiet as the maintenance person stepped forward and became very confrontational. He/she (I won't name this person although he/she made it sure multiple times I knew his/her name) told me that only he/she has keys to this roof access stairway (kind of singles out the smoker, doesn't it?). He/she said no one was smoking behind that door and absolutely nothing will be done by the hotel if guests smoke in their rooms despite these being non-smoking rooms. I requested someone go upstairs and ask the person to stop smoking. I then considered the complaint closed and went to the business center, which is right next to the front office with a sliding window in the wall. It was obvious Hampton will do nothing to enforce their non-smoking policy, so there was no point in pushing the issue. Through the glass door I saw and heard this maintenance person talking about my complaint with a guest who was seated on a bench, and he was making the guest laugh with him about it. No big deal. I just wanted to finish my business, get breakfast, and get to work. A few minutes later, this maintenance person opened the sliding window and told me he smelled smoke upstairs but doesn't know where it was coming from, but that I can complain to the GM or Hampton all I want and nothing will be done. I then listened to this maintenance person talk and name-call and insult me to the front office worker (who still remained quiet during this whole event) through the sliding window. He/she kept looking through the window at me, obviously trying to antagonize me. After five minutes of this, I finally went around to the front desk and told him to knock it off as this complaint is closed and guests were noticing his rants. (I was in a government uniform, so I remained as cordial but firm as I could with him. It seems as if his goal was to embarrass me for complaining.) This maintenance person responded that he/she will talk about me all he/she wants to whoever he/she wants. I told him/her that all I want to do is finish by business in peace, get breakfast, and leave. I requested he/she not speak with me the duration of my stay (two more days), and the maintenance person made it clear he/she will not honor this request since he/she said he/she has a right to talk about me all he/she wants. I have never been treated with such disrespect while staying at a hotel. This person finally backed off when I directed the front office staff member (who was STILL quiet) to refund the room under Hilton's 100% satisfaction guarantee. (My job was paying for the room, so this really did nothing for me other than get this maintenance person to back off.) After this, the maintenance person left. The front office staff member finally spoke up and apologized, stating that "he/she had to listen to this maintenace person rant the whole time as well." In all sincerity, this event and the lack of care by the staff is making us consider switching to Marriott instead of Hilton. Sure, the staff will follow-up by apologizing and saying they'll look into it, but as the saying goes: "Words speak. Actions scream." Hampton had an opportunity to correct this on site while it happened, and the front office worker did nothing. Apparently, the maintenance staff as completely responsible for guest relations, not the front office staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank army_guy_5150
Travis M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again, I apologize for the level of service that you received. I want you to know that I have addressed our entire staff in regards to this situation. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
boston
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just a little below the usual Hampton Inn standard (which is not terribly high). No hot water when I got into room. They did fix the problem and comped the room. WiFi was intermittent and difficult to access.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Travis M, Manager at Hampton Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to water temperature. We encountered an issue with our water heater and it was quickly addressed, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently replacing our older unit and don't foresee any additional issues. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again in the future. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We needed a hotel on Indy 500 weekend near our family reunion in South Indy. The Hampton Inn was a good choice. Clean and Comfortable. Good breakfast. It was a bit noisy as all the Indy 500 crowd filled their coolers and left early on Sunday. The drive into the property provides a view that is less than inviting. Empty, scruffy lots and a scum-filled pond in plain view. But inside, the hotel is just fine. The staff was excellent! They were welcoming and very willing to serve and they responded to our special requests with eagerness. We would stay here again and this hotel stay will probably make us consider Hampton Inn in our future travel plans.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 6 in Franklin
Baymont Inn & Suites Greensburg

Been to Hampton Inn Shelbyville? Share your experiences!