“Classic Ice Cream”
Review of Cow Palace

Cow Palace
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Shelbyville
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Loved the hand dipped ice cream. High quality at a great price. If you're ever in Shelbyville, Indiana, don't leave till you've paid a visit to the Cow Palace

1  Thank FritzP

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great place to eat for yesterdays atmosphere.Very good hand dipped milkshakes. Our sandwiches were very good.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

You have to stop at Cow Palace if you like ice cream. The Peanut Butter Fudge is my favorite but many folks around here love the Turtle Sundae. The Cow Palace Club and the Taco Salad are great. It's a little pricey but well worth it!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Unique setting. All meals are great but my favorite is always breakfast. Love blueberry pecan pancakes but all pancakes are excellent. Another favorite is mushroom swiss eggs. They are very accommodating...will give you half order of most things. Try ice cream with your pancakes too. Excellent ice cream with many flavors.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have eaten lunch at the Cow Palace several times in the past three years. When am in Shelbyville for business my co-workers almost always select the Cow Palace.
My favorite is the breaded tenderloin. I have had tenderloins all over Indiana so I know when I get a decent one. The Cow Palace may not be the best in Hoosier land but I would rate them at about a 4 of 5.
I have had their Reuben which is a little above average and the burgers which are decent as well. Of the side dishes the onion rings are my favorite. As others have said the ice cream is what gets a lot of people in the door and I can see why. It is excellent.
I am sure I will get back to the Cow Palace and would recommend others visit.
We have never had any problems with the service or the timeliness of getting the meals and usually there are at least four in our party. Every time we go there we see locals who seem to eat at the Cow Palace on a regular basis.
The prices are average for a small restaurant.