“Good Food, not worth the high prices.”
Review of Steakhouse

Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 65 Restaurants in Shelbyville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fairland Road
Description: This a restaurant at the Indiana Grand Casino.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The food was pretty good. The steak was cooked as I ordered. Their green beans are delicious. We ordered dessert, it was not so good. Some kind of citrus pound cake with berries and whipped cream tossed on top. The bill was a bit over $100 for 2 people. We had 1 app, each had a steak, with a side, soft drinks, we had one alcoholic drink on our bill and the dessert. Gratuity was extra. The place is nice enough to look at, comfy, our service was good, but the food was just not worth the price to me. There was no wow factor.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We are from Anderson. This was our first trip to the Shelbyville Casino Steakhouse. Wow!! We were greeted and seated promptly. Damon was our server, he did an amazing job. We received our food in a very timely manner, he continued to check on us and make sure all was good. Great food, great decor and wonderful service!!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Sit right down, crack some peanuts and be waited on. Nice down home food and convenient location. Only option to a sit down place in town. Server was good and food was adequate as we were tired from a long car ride. Just what we needed before we crashed.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had a great meal at the steakhouse inside Indiana Grand casino. They have changed the menu a bit and pricing is more moderate but, food qualilty remains the same. Very nice elegant modern decor, great center bar and wonderful food. We sat at the bar and have had great service multiple times by Kyle who manages the bar. They have a very nice wine list (can be pricey for some wines, has value options) and they have a special wine each friday. We had a 2005 Dominus for only $80 on special wow!. Variety of food including italian, american, sandwiches and a steak list as we both had the petite filte, mash potatoe and a salad for $25. Variety of appetizers (we had shrimp cocktail and was very nice) and other dishes. Great service from the whole staff but eating at the bar was tops as Kyle provided great service and knows the wine list (Cabernet is my favorite). Now if I could just win on those slots machines ;)

2  Thank LisaH571
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is the restructured steakhouse from the casino; its name is now simply Steakhouse. I am not certain if the menu has been revised, but the menu and prices are available on-line. The décor is very attractive and it could be a very nice restaurant to match its prices. However it seems to be lacking in service. When I made my reservation, I was asked if (as a single) I’d like to sit at the bar. I said No. When I arrived, I was asked again if I would sit at the bar, and that annoyed me. When the hostess showed me to a table, even though I was struggling with my purse and a package, she did not pull out the chair for me. That would have been very helpful. But it wasn’t just me—she did the same for two older women—just let them struggle with the heavy chairs. My server did not explain the specials of the day of the promotions to me, as I overheard another waitress telling a couple next to me. Side dishes are extra and I did not order any. I ordered the eggplant parmesan ($18) which came with five asparagus spears, a small bed of spaghetti, and three broiled cherry tomato halves. But the eggplant was burnt around the edges, so I sent it back. Does no one look at the food before it is served? There also wasn’t enough marinara sauce on the eggplant, so I requested more. It was delivered in something similar to a gravy boat, but there was no ladle or spoon, so U had to pour it from the dish onto my plate. Very sloppy. The eggplant was rectangular shaped, which leads me to believe it was prepackaged, and not fresh. The bread was very tasty and served with butter and a goat’s milk/cream cheese/herb mixture that was very good. This restaurant has the potential to be very good with some extra effort by the cooks and wait staff, but at this point, the service and the food are mediocre. This restaurant is not up to its potential.