“Stole our things”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Shelbyville, Indiana
“Stole our things”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed while our house was in escrow. we were moving into our house and went back to our room to get the rest of our stuff.The manager and his wife emptied out our room and stole everything. We were still paid up for one more day.They never gave us all of our belongings back.
The place was dirty and the drains were clogged.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jerid88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Elwood, Indiana
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed at super 8 with my spouse and children. We didn't get in until late because we were there for a softball tournament. We didn't expect the Hilton, but we certainly didn't expect what we got. We woke up and when my daughters climbed out of bed I noticed "male bodily fluids" dried all over the blanket. I was mortified! My 2 daughters slept in a bed that hadn't been cleaned and had ...OMG! My husband went down to the front desk and they said there wasn't anythinig they could do. The manager was on vacation until Tuesday, and supposedly there was NO WAY TO REACH HIM. I took pictures, and have a signed "note" that the front desk clerk wrote to the manager. There were hair all over the sink & toothpaste stains.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank hgordon21

Travelers are raving about these Shelbyville hotels

Mattoon, Illinois
Reviewed February 27, 2011

The room looked clean and adequate for the price, but when I pulled back my covers to crawl into bed there were two nasty looking hairs on the sheets, and that was right at the top, so I didn't look further. It was very late so I didn't call the desk, so it is possible they would have sent new sheets, but I just stayed on top of the covers. The location was great with lots of food places right there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Lansing, MI
Reviewed May 8, 2008

This was stay was as expected for a Super 8. Carpet was worn and leaks in the ceiling (hallways). Some customers said their room was also leaking. My room was worn, but clean. Pillow was fiber-fill that was quite compressed. Overall for the prince ($52 with AAA discount), it was just fine. Room was clean enough and internet was working well. Breakfast consisted of choice of bread, english muffin, or muffin, cereal. Again, for the price, who could complain. Single female business traveler- usually stay in other chain hotels, but sold out.

• Liked — low price, clean room
  • Disliked — leaks in the ceiling
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Myrtle Point, Oregon
Reviewed June 30, 2006

The price was right. We paid $55 for a non-smoking 2 queen unit. It was close to the freeway and right beside a McDonald's. Our vehicle was pulling a trailer but we were able to find adequate parking for it. The room was clean, and spacious. The motel gave us a cord for high speed internet. There was continental breakfast but we did not get up early enough to take advantage of it. You could also use the sports facilities in a gym that is within walk=in distance but we were too tired to think of anything but kicking back. Check-in and Check-out was a breeze. The manager was very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this motel for the budget traveller.

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank prettycat1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Quality Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Greensburg
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 6 in Franklin

Been to Super 8 Shelbyville? Share your experiences!