“Nice time there”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice time there”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Hotel was clean. We had the jacuzzi room and it was nice. Breakfast was good and included waffles and biscuits and gravy. We had a good time and I would say the hotel was good but nothing extra special.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Burkesville KY
Reviewed May 10, 2012

After driving 4 half hours to get to Shelbyville In. Hauling a Load of Hay to take to the Indiana Downs unloading the hay and working rest of evening, We got to this hotel to find they gave our room away because we were late check in and they said they called our house and we didnt answer....No duh...we were on the road. Wont go back to Choice Hotels, & they have been my hotel of choice for year. Besides fact man behind counter was rude.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BBQLOVER

Travelers are raving about these Shelbyville hotels

Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Obviously, the hotel was ok, but I want people to realize there is no elevator. Since I often travel with two young kids, this is a deal breaker for me. I arrived in the early afternoon and immediately asked to have a ground room because of the kids and luggage, but they said they were pretty full and could not do that. Granted they did offer to help me with my luggage if I brought it in to the lobby, but I just kept thinking then I have to hassle again with it in the morning when I want to get out of there and on the road again. .. and I would have to help my youngest go up and down the steps. I can't just leave a two year old and five year old standing around while I go up and down to the car.

I can't comment on breakfast because the room was very small, so I took the kids to Dunkin Donuts to get muffins so that we could eat in the morning and get out of there. I can't imagine if the hotel was pretty well booked that we would ever get a table.. and with kids I would need it. This is the first time I have ever done that when breakfast is provided at a hotel because I always book hotels which include breakfast for the time and money savings.

The positives are the beds look new, the rooms are VERY large compared to many hotels I stay at, and the bathrooms look good. There is a separate area with the bathroom, so the sink and vanity is outside the bathroom. Also, you can easily have a light on in that area, and others can be asleep in the room.

It is also extremely quiet in the rooms.. which is nice.

Overall, I was very relieved to see the rooms were as nice as they were due to the extremely limited recent reviews on tripadvisor. Granted most people aren't picky about having an elevator or a place to sit and eat breakfast, but I need those things. I wasn't going to haul kids down and back up to the room with food so they could sit on the bedroom floor to eat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CoastalJen
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This used to be a Lee's Inn and when it was first built, was clearly the best hotel in Shelbyville. It remains a very nice place to stay but isn't as busy because it is farther from the race track and industry than the newer places one exit to the north. However it is nearer to most restaurants. There is some minor wear and tear noticeable but it seems to have been generally kept in very good condition. Very clean. Very big room for the money. Furniture shows little sign of wear. Very close to interstate but my room on the opposite side was very quiet. The breakfast room was clean but the selection was just OK - probably because there weren't many guests on the night I stayed. If I ever returned, this would be my first choice.

Room Tip: AARP discount is 20%.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank markam
Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I went on a short get-a-way with my husband, and we wanted to stay in the Indianapolis area for an extra day. I had read the reviews on trip advisor and decided to give this hotel a try. This room was inexpensive ($61 for a king room with a sofa and chair). The room was very clean (it looked like all the furniture was new). The staff was all very friendly. The free breakfast consisted of biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs, waffels, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and assorted pasteries. They even have a free shuttel bus that will take you to a near-by casino on Fri & Sat. There were several places to eat nearby. The hotel sits close to the interstate and has a traffic light at the end of the drive. It was a very pleasant stay, and we will stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bugdane
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed May 21, 2011

This hotel is in the process of becoming a Quality inn which is unfortunate because I have never seen a Quality inn this nice. We were in Shelbyville on a business trip that depended on the weather and we had to switch our travel dates due to rain, they moved our date up a day without charging us. The rooms were big and clean. The internet was free and actually fast. We stay in Indiana at least 10 times a year and this is by far the best hotel I have stayed at in Indiana. There were only two minor complaints, first the breakfast is a little sparse and the Walmart parking lights are very bright and right behind the hotel. I will recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Shelbyville!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank spackler43
Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My husband and I "ran away" for the night to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. We had booked the room through Priceline.com's "name your own price." As soon as I booked our room I was really disappointed in the fact that they did not have a pool and we were wanting one. But after talking with my husband we just decided to stay where we had already payed for the room and just see if we could upgrade since we got a standard room. Before we even left town I called the hotel and asked about the upgrade. The hotel manager/owner that I talked to was very friendly and told us that we would just have to pay the upgrade price (which we were fine with). Once we got to the hotel we were greeted with a warm smile and a friendly attitude. The lobby was nice and clean. When we got to the room it was very clean. I only found a couple of minor stains on the sheets and the bed skirt. We also had one light bulb out that was over the jacuzzi. No big deal. The bed was absolutely amazing. It was the best hotel bed that I have ever slept on. The room looked to be recently painted with these nice warming colors. One problem we did run into was that the mircowave was not plugged in and it could not reach the outlet. So if we needed to use it we would have had to move it. Their breakfast was just like the normal hotel continental breakfast. It was good and they kept up with it. The hotel is directly off the interstate which was very pleasant as it was east for us to get where we were going. Overall this was the best hotel that I have stayed at in a long time and would recommend them to others.

Room Tip: know what you want and read reviews of the hotels
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank apulis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Comfort Inn Shelbyville
Quality Inn
#1 of 6 in Franklin
#5 of 6 in Greensburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Greensburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!