Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Wisconsin
“Very nice”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed here on April 3rd on a family trip south. It is right off the highway, and easy to find. Just look out for the sign and you will drive right in. The property is very clean and well lighted. Breakfast was very good. It would have been nice if the pool was open a little longer. It closed at 10pm. It would have been nice to hit the pool/hut tub after a long drive, but I understand they also want quiet time at the hotel. We have always have enjoyed Holiday Inn Express. Good job.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express-Shelbyville Indiana on Friday, 3-16-12.
I chose this hotel because their indoor pool and sauna looked very nice and my daughter loves to swim. We checked in early evening and ask the front desk about swimming-hours, etc. We were told that there was a private birthday/pool party for a large group of local 10 year olds. The party was going on until 10pm and that's when the pool closes. Sorry! And then the pool opens at 10 am the following morning, but check out is at 11. Late check outs only for "premier guests". But otherwise, the room was very clean and the bathroom appeared somewhat new-no mold or grubby floor tiles. The only thing is that I heard every car and truck that drove by on the highway all night long. It sounded like very loud thunder (storms) that shook the walls. I got zero sleep and decided to go to the casino at 3:30 in the morning. What else to do?

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Kaylee803,

Thank you for your review and the compliments on the cleanliness of our rooms.
I am deeply sorry you were not able to swim due to the private party happening.
We do give late check out to Priority Club members and that is a free membership.
I also apologize about the noise you experienced. Your feedback is valuable to us as
it helps us to understand where we need to improve. Thanks again.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My original stay at this hotel was only for one day,but I decided to stay for one more day.This hotel is a real gem. As soon as entered the hotel I was greeted with a very friendly staff. The hotel is only year and half old.Rooms are very large with very comfortable beds. I enjoyed the breakfast in the morning .The breakfast hostess was very pleasant she came couple of time to tell me that she just made fresh coffee.if would like another cup .
Hotel staff was professional as well as very friendly.
Hotel lobby is very cozy and beautiful. Pool area was very relaxing and enjoyable. I travel a lot and stay at the hotel regularly but this hotel was beyond my expectations.I will stay in this hotel again . I have recomended this hotel to my friends as well as business colleagues.

Room Tip: Soon as you take the exit make a right turn at McDonald and pass Super 8 and then turn right and g...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Scratchiest sheets I have ever slept on. No breakfast - a women's backetball team stayed there the same night and ate it all before 7:30! I didn't go back to see if it had been replenished. Didn't hold it against the hotel, just thought it was pretty funny! Otherwise, very clean, quiet and desk personell was very polite and helpful. Also, took awhile to find the ice bucket and glasses. It was stashed under the table between the beds, thought that was an odd place since there was a table and a very large counter in the bathroom.

Room Tip: All rooms are nonsmoking. The shuttle service is complimentry of the casino and not the hotel. We...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel twice. Once in 2010 and once in 2011. Both stays were very well catered and the hotel is impeccably clean. The rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are granite with big tubs. Great choice in the area. Never overly crowded. Turn by the McDonald's and go up the hill. The sign at the road is small.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Avon, Indiana
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel since it was the closest one to the casino with the latest shuttle service. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly, however, the "shuttle" was nothing more than a guy in a car that seated 4 people. Luckily, on the way too the casino there were only 4 of us going on that particular drop, but when we were ready to leave there were like 8 people and we had to wait a whole hour till the next pick up time. If your advertising a shuttle service you should have a Shuttle especially to something as big as a casino. Also the beds were hard as a rock, I tossed and turned all night. They did offer one of the nicest continental breakfasts I've seen. I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again. I hope the casino builds some closer hotels soon!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very nice hotel, excellent front staff, very nice breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Comfort Inn Shelbyville
Quality Inn
#1 of 6 in Franklin
Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Franklin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis
Address: 38 W Rampart St, I-74 at exit 113, Shelbyville, IN 46176-9472
Location: United States > Indiana > Shelbyville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis 3*
We are a brand new hotel in the Shelbyville area. We offer discount rates to local corporations. We are 2 miles from the Indiana downs and the Indiana Live casino. We offer a free hot continental breakfast to all guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.