“Please check your bed”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Seymour
Dayton, Ohio
“Please check your bed”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I always check my bed for bugs at hotels. I looked around the edges of the mattress and moved the mattress away from the headboard and there was a large amount of nasty dirt or bugs or both. I am not sure what it was. I didn't want to get close enough to them to find out. We told the lady at the front desk about it and she said she would take care of it. We left to visit family and came back late that night and our room cards would not work. My husband had to go back down to get another card. We get into our room and I check to see if they cleaned the stuff from the bed and they had cleaned it but not good and still left some on it. I pulled down the covers and the fitted sheet on our bed had a perfect body print on one side of the bed like it had been slept in. Not just laid on but slept on. You could see the body imprint all the way down to the end of the bed on that one side. We called the front desk to let them know what was going on and he came to our room to try to fix it. He went to get sheets to change out our bed and attempted to put on a regular sheet as a fitted sheet until I told him that was not a fitted sheet. To make a long story a little shorter he finally searched and found a fitted sheet to fit our bed. We were very tired and ready to go to bed but had to go through all this. They did not charge us for our stay and it was appreciated but I still think that others should be aware of what they are sleeping in. Just be sure to check your beds. Also while my husband was inside checking out my son shows me a round welt on his leg. It looked like a bite. Makes me worry that they may have bugs in that room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The linen was great-looks new and very clean.
In room safe didn't work even after it was supposed to be fixed but every thing else was fine.
Complimentary breakfast was plentiful with hot foods.

• Stayed July 2012
Manteo, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We did not start our night at the Hampton Inn, we had chosen a less expensive budget hotel next door and quickly discovered that was a bad idea. We checked out of that hotel and came to the Hampton Inn. The room was fantastic and what a relief. The beds were extremely comfortable, free WIFI was nice, and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. After traveling all day this hotel was a welcome sight. We did not try the breakfast in the morning as we needed to get on the road, however, I noticed that in addition to coffee and the usual continental breakfast items, the hotel had bags with breakfast to go. What a nice touch! I will be using Hampton Inns more often!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
fun state
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Check in was quick and easy. Hotel room was very clean, neat, and roomy. Bed was comfortable. A/C worked great! Nice sized fridge and flat screen tv.

Once thing that I did notice is one morning while getting ready in the bathroom a strong cigarette smell did come in through the vents or walls somehow. So either someone was smoking in the room next door or near the a.c intake outside somewhere....

I really liked the little postit note on the headboard of the bed, telling me all the sheets were clean including the comforter.. I appreciate CLEAN! And that was a nice little touch.

The breakfast is actually perfect, and free at this hotel. They offered everything from scrambled eggs, potatoes, make your own waffles, cereal, fruit, juice, and pastries.

There is a Cracker Barrel, Chilies, and Subway nearby.

There is a great little game room, with a few arcade games for the kids.

I would recommend this hotel. And will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I spend a lot of nights in Hamptons every month, from my experience the consistency of the service level is stronger than the other chains.. I had numerous interactions with a variety of staff, they were a warm and friendly group. They were all friendly and service oriented. The interior is decorated differently than most, it had a warm feel, compared to most of the ones I visit. Their breakfast options were better than most, they also offer an evening reception for drinks and snacks

Room Tip: Sits close ot the intersate ask for a room at the back, unless you like listening to the dull roar...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Belleair, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival to the Hampton Inn in Seymour. It looks like the standard Hampton Inn on the exterior, but on the inside, it is all in the theme of Frank Lloyd Wright's archtechural style. The check in process was efficient and staff friendly. An evening reception includes drinks and snacks. The breakfast was the normal Hampton Inn offerings. The room had a microwave and refrigerator, and the bathroom was large. The only thing I could suggest to improve is to put an exhaust fan in the bathroom to keep the mirror dry when taking a shower and also to put an outlet by the desk. Otherwise, wow! It is located near a number of chain restaurants, and is in walking distance to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 16, 2012

What a nice place to stay. Snacks & 2 cocktail coupons per room to use in the lobby.
Also a fantastic breakfast setup! Would surely stay here again. They alway's have a
bag ready in the morning with a very nice travel snack.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seymour
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 10 in Seymour
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus

Been to Hampton Inn Seymour? Share your experiences!