“One Night Stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seymour
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“One Night Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way to New Orleans. This hotel was a great location, and the rate was great. The front desk staff was very nice, and friendly. The room was clean, and the internet worked well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shannb79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Columbus, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

From the much-appreciated courtesy at the front desk to the excellent night's sleep that I received, this small town Quality Inn is a gem in an otherwise run-of-the-mill budget chain.

Upon first glance, the place looks like something out of Lego Land, with its unusual (but updated) color scheme and roof. But step inside and you may well be surprised like I was to find a very spacious, comfortable-looking sitting area and an enormous chandelier. While the room had a nice accent wall, the interior of the hotel has a dated (but very clean) look.

The front desk clerk was wonderfully courteous and efficient, as was all of the staff whom I encountered during my brief stay.

My room with king-sized bed was unusually large and I was surprised at the many amenities included: a flat-screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and a nice-sized desk. The shower pressure was excellent and both the bathroom and bedroom were very tidy. Although my room was located somewhat above the main entrance, I heard no noise from the parking lot below. The AC/heat window unit made a consistent, quiet hum that I didn't find obnoxious. The mattress was extremely comfortable.

In keeping with Choice Hotels' larger (and free) breakfast option, there were plenty of eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurts and cereals to choose from.

This Quality Inn property offers exceptional value. Its proximity to numerous restaurants (Chili's, Ryan's, Cracker Barrel, Steak n Shake, etc.) and I-65 (half a mile) bring convenience to a good place to get a restful night's sleep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank roadtripphene
Edmore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here one night was reasonably priced nice clean room, good breakfast,nice staff, really quiet. Will definitly stay here again when in the area. Lots of good places to eat and go shopping. Bed was real good lots of towels soap shampoo everything you need and whirlpool in room was real good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank buger
Frederick, Maryland USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

As I see the other reviews, I wonder if we were in the same facility. I look for virtues as compared to falults and hope the virtues come out on top. Sorry, but not this time. I found the hall ways dark compared to other similar hotels. The staff wasn't unfriendly but how would I define friendly here. I stayed here because of the government rate for a meeting in the area. I could tolerate the dust in the room that was never touched in three days. Even the paper scraps on the floor that were there with I checked in and were still there when I left--a day early. But, the unforgivable was the breakfast. Military personnel traditonally like biscuits and gravy. However, cold biscuits and really cold gravy for two of the three days was all I could handle. If I want to be miserable, I will camp and eat cold food. For those that decide to stay here in the future, I truely hope the stay is better for you.

Room Tip: I didn't rate the optional items such as service, value, sleep quality, cleanliness, location, r...
Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Seymour hotels

Hobe Sound, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We started for Indianapolis and decided to stop and sleep. We are glad we did. This hotel was clean and very reasonably priced. Nice indoor pool and a great hot breakfast. We were also happily surprised that had sugar free syrup. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank gregory1984
gmin340, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much gregory1984, for your incredible review. It's always nice to hear that guests enjoyed their stay sooo much that they would stay again! This is our top priority goal. We also understand that many of our guests like the waffles that many Choice Hotels serve and we do not think it would be fair to people who can not tolerate sugar to either not get the choice to eat waffles or would have to eat them plain. Everyone deserves to eat whatever they wish without having something as easy to get as sugar free syrup not being included on the menu! Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again!
Tigerton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

The rooms are clean and spacious. The pool area and hot tub are clean and inviting. The continental breakfast is great! Waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereals, juices etc. Something for everyone. The outside of the hotel doesn't look very nice and it is close to the highway so you can hear some traffic noise. But for the price this is a good place to stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic review. I hope that you had a wonderful night's sleep while staying with us. Starting in 2013, we will be doing complete changes to our landscaping to give people a better aspect than the plain definition it receives now. I am glad that you enjoyed many of our qualities including our complimentary breakfast, pool and spa. I am grateful for every comment that you have given us in your review and the time you spent to do so. We hope to see you again soon!
Lexington, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We needed a pet-friendly option in Seymour for one night, so I did a little research to see if there was one that wouldn't be "scary." I finally settled upon the Quality Inn, but based upon the exterior photos I wasn't expecting much. Well, don't let the blah exterior run you off. We were pleasantly surprised. And the rate was very reasonable as well.

We asked for a room near the end of hall to make it easier to take our small dog out for walks. They happily found this for us. The room was very clean. Bedding has been recently updated, so the beds & pillows were very comfy. Our only complaint was that the a/c was never able to get the room cold, but it was very hot outside so we settled for just sort of cool-ish.

Indoor pool area was large, and having a hot tub as well was nice. Breakfast was fairly standard - waffles, biscuits & gravy, sausage, cereals, pastries, etc. There is a washer & dryer near the exercise room, which came in handy. There is a Chili's right next door which was also handy.

There are slightly nicer chain hotels in this area, but for the price & if you need a pet-friendly option, this is a very good choice.

Room Tip: If you have a pet with you, ask for a room at the end of the property. Plenty of green space for wal...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bookitBev
Thank you so much bookitBev, for your fantastic review. The Quality Inn staff would like to take the time to thank you for giving such an in-depth and time consuming review of our property! We know that it takes time out of your day and we wanted you to know that we value this very much!! We hope that your pet enjoyed this trip as much as yourself and your family. We are glad to know that it was a comfortable location your family along with the convenience for your pet. I am very sorry to hear that the room was only cool-ish. I apologize about this. In previous years, this area has not seen such a demanding summer as we have this year. It took us some time to figure out that we had to leave on our air conditioners. If you turned them off to save energy, it took the A/C's a long period of time to cool the room back down. I am very sorry that this situation happened with you and I hope that if you are ever in the Seymour area again, that you will stop by. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seymour
Hampton Inn Seymour
Comfort Inn & Suites Columbus
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
#1 of 6 in Scottsburg

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!