“Very Nice Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Seymour
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Good place to stay, parking is a little tight. I smelled smoke from outside. There was no closet in the room and no place to hang my clothes. Breakfast was very sufficient. Easy in east out. Room was NEW looking and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
HIXSEYMOUR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

I am so glad you had a nice stay. Our closet can be a little tricky as the large mirror is actually the door to the closet. So sorry for the confusion! Please come back and visit soon!!

Tricia Stuart

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. Our room was large, very clean, nicely decorated. Beds & pillows were very comfortable. Beautiful bathroom with jacuzzi bath tub. The breakfast was very good and the hostess kept everything well stocked. She was so nice and we had a lovely chat on the quieter early Saturday morning. The rest of the staff was friendly and helpful too. We did not use the pool area, but it looked very clean and several families were enjoying it. This hotel is right off the highway, so very easy on and off for long-haul travelers! Very reasonable price. Definitely would stay there again and would highly recommend this hotel.
PS - nice little extras, like make-up remover cloths!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
HIXSEYMOUR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Wow!! Such a terrific review!! Thank you for taking time to give us Kudos!! Hurry back!!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great stay and evn on New Years eve. Stayed here before, so we knew it was a newer hotel. Drove all day from Fla and needed a quiet room and we got it. The evening front desk lady was very easy to work with.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 14fan2013

Thank you for giving us such a nice review. We truly appreciate your wonderful comments. Please come visit us again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The handicap accessible room with a walk-in shower was one of the best I've ever stayed in. It was spacious enough that I could move around easily with my walker. There was a comfortable chair with a lamp for reading. The bathroom was well-appointed. The walk-in shower had both hand-held and wall-mounted shower heads, and a bench for sitting. The room included a refrig and microwave, which is not always the case in accessible rooms. The only thing that would have improved my experience was easier access to more electrical outlets by the bed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review and for your suggestions!! Please come stay again!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel was very nice with a great sitting area in the lobby/dining area. The pool was a fair size hotel pool that went to about 4 1/2 ft. in depth. This was great for my smaller child. My wife really enjoyed the room, it was very clean and up to date. Comfy beds.!!! The small kitchenette area in the room was perfect for the quick snacks and it gave us an extra sink to use. This will be a go to hotel in the future. The breakfast was one of the best I've had in a Holiday Inn the (bacon,eggs,biscuits,gravy,fruit,pancakes,yogurt,breads,muffins,cereal)...Did I mention Bacon!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HIXSEYMOUR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Wow!! Great review. thank you!! It was nice of you to take the time to give us Kudos!! We are striving for a prestigious customer service award in 2014 and love to hear back on great experiences. Thanks again....we LOVE bacon here!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here passing through seymore on our way to Nashville. Was very clean and the staff was nice. Parking was a little tight, but it was very busy in the area. The breakfast was decent. Nothing amazing but it's free, so can't complain.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review us on line!! We appreciate any and all feedback!!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed one night for business purposes. I chose this property because it is new and offers free wifi. I stayed in a queen suite with a "separate living room." Unlike suites at other HI locations, this suite is really just one room and the living area is not separate - but that was not a big deal to me, merely a surprise. The carpeting and furnishings are obviously new, although the area outside the third floor area is already stained. I was surprised to find three tiles in the bathroom cracked, but the entire unit was very clean. There is only one elevator, so, when someone is holding it on another floor, it will take awhile. My only complaint with this property, is with the wifi, which does not work in room 326 (and possibly/probably the surrounding rooms) as the signal is too weak. I intended to work on some reports for work but was unable to. I phoned the front desk and was not impressed with the response when I asked it the wifi was down - it didn't even show up on the list of possible connections, although all of the surrounding hotels did. I actually hung up when the person I was talking to, after suggesting that I just did not know how to access their connection, began helping someone at the desk and then put me on hold without even telling me she was going to do so. I hung up and she did call back and said she guessed that I had figured it out. No, there was no service. She did have tech support call me and I was on the phone with them for more than 30 minutes while they had me walk around the room carrying my Samsung smartphone, an iPhone, and/or my laptop. The last time they asked me to log back onto my laptop and stand at the door facing the hallway I just laughed - even if it could have held a strong enough signal (we did actually have the connection pop up from two locations in the room the signal was never strong enough to allow me access, I had no intention of standing in front of the door all evening. I did mention the problem with the wifi at check out and was told it was probably and Apple problem as Apple products do not work with their wifi - actually, it does if you are in the lobby, or even the parking lot. Besides, my laptop is a Dell. I was also told that I should have done my work in their business center. I was surprised at how defensive this gentleman was. I guess I could have taken my laptop to the business center but I wanted to be able to relax and get my work done. At any rate, the property is clean and nice, and the location was convenient. Just don't count on the advertised wifi.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top/3rd floor and there was no noise problem.