“change unnecessary”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Columbus, Indiana
“change unnecessary”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

They had the best whole grain pancakes anywhere. They were awesome and really a treat. We drive 20 miles one-way just for breakfast. They've changed to another batter..now "just pancakes - nothing special"! Must be cheaper cause definitely not an improvement.

• Visited June 2012

Waterloo, Iowa
“Good food”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

A local restaurant. Waitresses were very friendly and attentive. We were served very quickly. We had breakfast and it was very good.

• Visited April 2012
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Decent Food”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This was your run of the mill waffle house. Everything you would expect from this franchise and still the same low prices. The food was the best part, the

• Visited March 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“super-quick and affordable!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

friendly waitresses, full of local regulars, good parking, had a cheap and huge breakfast (biscuits and gravy egg special) -- and it was very very speedy! got me back on the road quick!

Visited November 2011
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good family food, great service, reasonable price.”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

This is the FAMILY Waffle House. Again, NOT the chain, but a small, probably locally owned regional chain as I understand it. I stopped by on New Year's Day for dinner. I had country fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and coffee. The young man who waited on me was friendly, capable, and attentive. I am surprised no one else has commented on the bread. What I got with this meal was some kind of deep fried roll - essentially a donut without the hole and without the sugar. It was light and fluffy and great with the apple butter that accompanied it. I've never encountered such in my experience. It may be a local favorite, but it was new to me.