“You get what you pay for.”

Knights Inn Seymour
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Seymour
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

If $50+ is a budget hotel price next to an interstate highway, you get a budget experience. This place could do with attention to detail and a good scrub! The shower curtain was moldy and I was afraid to walk on the carpeting in my bare feet. The little breakfast was meager and the coffee undrinkable...tasted more like soap than coffee. It was quiet. I did sleep. The place made efforts for an early departure, easy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Princeton, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2010

VERY satisfied with the rooms for the price.

As mentioned the rooms are very clean, new and come with a microwave, refrigerator and cable TV. Far more than I expected for the price. There's also a swimming pool in season.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night and found the room to be clean, comfortable bed, and pleasant staff

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We stayed recently in a Queen room with my kitty, and the pet fee was a very reasonable $5. No problems there. The room was very clean, and as everyone said recently updated, but the bed was super-duper firm and could have been more comfortable. We also had a sofa, micro-fridge, and desk and chair. No coffee maker, no hair dryer, no toiletries other than a bar of soap. Very bare bones.

There is good TV and free internet, but the internet is ethernet, not wireless, which they don't mention, so if there's more than one of you in a room who will be working, just beware you'll have to take turns.

The breakfast must be mentioned. At this point I know generally what to expect at hotels that include breakfast, and I'm fine with it. The Knights Inn breakfast consisted of: white bread, Eggos, Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, whole milk, regular coffee, miniature powdered donuts, and individually-wrapped honey buns. Not even wheat bread, or skim milk, or any sort of cereal not literally coated in sugar. I'm Diabetic, and I was appalled at this point in our country's nutritional development that breakfast was nothing but refined sugars and saturated fats (no butter, just margarine, hello trans fat) without even the slightest concession. I'm not expecting organic yogurt parfaits, here. I'd settle for an apple and some Total.

I know I'm sounding like a real snob, but I stay in value hotels regularly because I've been doing a lot of driving lately, and I'm broke. I want to say it was a great value for the money, but the truth is that I later realized I was overcharged... I booked my room with a coupon code online, and they must have just charged me the regular rate without checking what I reserved (your credit card isn't charged at all until check-in), and long story short, I paid an extra $10 and didn't partake in the breakfast. I might as well have stayed in a cheaper hotel that didn't offer one.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Read the reviews for Seymour and since I was arriving late, decided to gamble and give this place a try. At $40 as opposed to $70 at the newer places down the street, I would have to say this place is a bargain. This is an older motel for sure...probably built in the 70s-early 80s if I were guessing and has that single-floor exterior room entry architecture. Not much as far as curb appeal goes (although it is well maintained, neat and seemingly updated). However, I was very impressed with the quality of the room (#100). It had clearly been completely redone with new furtniture and carpet. It even had granite counter tops in the bathroom and a brand new shower. There was a fridge/micro in the room, but no coffee maker. That seemed odd and it may have simply been missing from my room...not sure. But, there is coffee in the lobby with a continental breakfast from 6-10 (doughnuts, toaster waffles, cereal, etc). Staff were all very nice and helpful. The place is quiet while still close to the interstate (Exit 50-B)...right between Ryan's and Cracker Barrell. Grab one of those Indiana Travel Saver booklets at the gas station or rest stop on your way....my rate went from $55 to $40 with a coupon they have in there. Well worth it...a rare older property that is holding its own with the new. Recommended.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I was a little nervous about this hotel because of the great price. We were pleasantly surprised. The check in was fast and the staff was pleasant. We drove around to our room. Just so you know this is one of those places where the doors open to the parking lot. I felt very safe. Our room was large and very clean. The furniture was in good condition- it appeared that they recently renovated. We had a king room, which had a huge bed, couch, table, cabinet/dresser, computer desk (free internet), fridge, and microwave. When we return to the area, we will be back. Also, try Ryans buffet right next door, it was also a great value.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
Reviewed September 21, 2008

Very nice motel. Rooms were very clean. Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly. Nothing fancy, but good value.

• Liked — It was clean and bed was comfortable.
  • Disliked — Air conditioner was a little loud.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seymour
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
#1 of 6 in Scottsburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside

Been to Knights Inn Seymour? Share your experiences!