“Not being kept up”

Knights Inn Seymour
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Seymour
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have stayed here a number of times in the past, even once during a blizzard when I had to stay a couple of extra days. They were in the middle of renovating the hotel at that time. The rooms were pretty decent then, but I can't say that now. There are still some nice features in the room, so the hotel has potential, but they aren't keeping the place up. I changed rooms because I found dried food on the desk, spots on the mirror by the sink, and some kind of white flakes on the floor between the beds. I asked to change rooms, and the clerk at the front desk was very nice to let me look at two other rooms. One of these rooms had a deodorizing smell to it, so I passed on that room, and I settled on the other new room which I thought looked cleaner, and in a way it is until you look closer. When I took a shower, I found hair on the sides of the tub. I think I've found head hair in my bed, but I think the bed is otherwise clean. I've noticed what looks like liquid rings on the bedside table, and I see some gunk on my curtain. This mirror, although harder to detect, has stains, so it is obvious the mirrors aren't being cleaned. Upholstered chairs in all the rooms need replacing (they look dirty and a bit worn) as do the carpets, and my bed sags.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Not first choice but adequate. People were living in the hotel with shoes and grills outside on the walkways. Needs some tlc on the outside, painting and cleaning would enhance any stay. Easy access to eating and stores.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed here on our way to our family vacation. It was very late when we got here but it was easy to find and the staff was friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was free continental breakfast in the morning. The hotel was a little outdated, but it fit our needs. We were not able to use the pool but it looked nice from what we saw.

Room Tip: Some areas are lighted better than others. Ask for a room that is closer to the 'streelights...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a 1 night stay while rv shopping in the Seymour area.Our room was in the back row and looked like it had been renovated recently. It was clean and comfortable. The outside could use some TLC. The clerk very friendly and check-in was a breeze. Is this a 4 or 5 star ? No, but the rooms are a good solid 3 and the outside could be if given a little attention. I can't say anything about breakfast because I've been disappointed so many times I don't even try anymore. There is a Cracker Barrel on one side and a Ryan's on the other.

Room Tip: We were in room 307 located on the back row away from the highway. This was the perfect located unti...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mharmonLouisville
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was looking for a cheap room for an overnight stay. This room met my needs and was "clean" and comfortable. I asked for a pet free room and they had those available. What could they have done to improve the experience? The outside of the building could use some attention to weeding and there was one column outside my room that a hole in it. Yes, I would stay at this Inn again for an over night stay.

Room Tip: I suggest asking for a pet free room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steverin065
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I DK what they renovated because our room didn't look like they did a thing to it. Carpet was ripped and stained, hair on the toilet, hair in the tub, mold all on the ceiling in BR, ac worked but was cracked up, the faucet was nasty, but the bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly, owners were not. Bf consist of cereal and toast.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tonya B
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel has been very recently renovated. Furnishing were all in good shape. Price was lower than most in the area. TV was still a tube, but it had a good picture. Internet was standard Wi-fi with option to use a cable. So if you looking to save money without having to stay in a dump, this hotel has good amenities without the higher price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seymour
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg

Been to Knights Inn Seymour? Share your experiences!