“Not bad”

Knights Inn Seymour
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Seymour
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We needed a place in Seymour that allowed pets. This place was ok for the money.

Room Tip: Get there early and turn on the a/c
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We had the choice of several other hotels and motels right off I-65, but my husband saw the sign for $49/night and couldn't resist. I was dubious to say the least, however, I was very pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and recent renovations to the rooms in this place. It was cheap, quiet, and clean, and the lady who was manning the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast was coffee, juice and either the Little Debbie's donuts or sweet rolls, or a choice of 2 cereals (Fruit Loops or Honey Nut Cheerios) and milk. That was the only minus in my book, but certainly not a big issue.

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen room--a king will run an additional $10.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stayed here on our final night of a 13 night trip. We were able to park right in front of our room, which is what we wanted. We were surprised to see both a refrigerator and a microwave, but horrified to see no coffee maker. The room was clean and comfortable, but no coffee was almost a deal breaker.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

If $50+ is a budget hotel price next to an interstate highway, you get a budget experience. This place could do with attention to detail and a good scrub! The shower curtain was moldy and I was afraid to walk on the carpeting in my bare feet. The little breakfast was meager and the coffee undrinkable...tasted more like soap than coffee. It was quiet. I did sleep. The place made efforts for an early departure, easy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2010

VERY satisfied with the rooms for the price.

As mentioned the rooms are very clean, new and come with a microwave, refrigerator and cable TV. Far more than I expected for the price. There's also a swimming pool in season.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night and found the room to be clean, comfortable bed, and pleasant staff

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We stayed recently in a Queen room with my kitty, and the pet fee was a very reasonable $5. No problems there. The room was very clean, and as everyone said recently updated, but the bed was super-duper firm and could have been more comfortable. We also had a sofa, micro-fridge, and desk and chair. No coffee maker, no hair dryer, no toiletries other than a bar of soap. Very bare bones.

There is good TV and free internet, but the internet is ethernet, not wireless, which they don't mention, so if there's more than one of you in a room who will be working, just beware you'll have to take turns.

The breakfast must be mentioned. At this point I know generally what to expect at hotels that include breakfast, and I'm fine with it. The Knights Inn breakfast consisted of: white bread, Eggos, Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, whole milk, regular coffee, miniature powdered donuts, and individually-wrapped honey buns. Not even wheat bread, or skim milk, or any sort of cereal not literally coated in sugar. I'm Diabetic, and I was appalled at this point in our country's nutritional development that breakfast was nothing but refined sugars and saturated fats (no butter, just margarine, hello trans fat) without even the slightest concession. I'm not expecting organic yogurt parfaits, here. I'd settle for an apple and some Total.

I know I'm sounding like a real snob, but I stay in value hotels regularly because I've been doing a lot of driving lately, and I'm broke. I want to say it was a great value for the money, but the truth is that I later realized I was overcharged... I booked my room with a coupon code online, and they must have just charged me the regular rate without checking what I reserved (your credit card isn't charged at all until check-in), and long story short, I paid an extra $10 and didn't partake in the breakfast. I might as well have stayed in a cheaper hotel that didn't offer one.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seymour
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg

Been to Knights Inn Seymour? Share your experiences!