“Excellent for what they do”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Townhouse Cafe

The Townhouse Cafe
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Seymour
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
“Excellent for what they do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

While in town for a conference, I ate at Town House based on Tripadvisor reviews and my hatred for chains. The special was chicken fried steak, green beans, slaw and a roll for $6.50! With my excellent chocolate pie and drink, my total was $11. I ate at the counter, the service was good, and the food came quickly. The food was good for a diner like this, and the slaw and pie were excellent. I was here about 6pm, and about half the tables were in use, and everyone seemed to know each other. Town House is about 3 miles off I-65 in downtown, but if you want to skip the chains, well worth the extra few minutes drive. Take cash, no credit or debit. Did I mention that the pie was excellent?

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JBretteD

Michigan
“Hometown Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nice hometown feel, where the locals hang out. Outstanding food. If you enjoy rye bread, probably the best I ever had. I didn't ask, but I'm guessing homemade also. Service was quick with very friendly waitress and local customers.

• Visited March 2013
Columbus, Indiana
“A secret!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

A family restaurant with good home cooked meals. Not fancy and hard to find but if you want good, old-fashioned food, this is a great place to visit.

Visited August 2012
Seymour, Indiana
“Hometown Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Different variety of homemade pies each day. Amazing homestyle, from scratch cooking. Very friendly staff. It's the one place in Seymour I send out of towners looking for a great meal! Serving down home favorites since 1962! I go at least once a week for dinner with my 88 year old Dad. He eats breakfast there 4 - 5 days a week. It's our family's favorite!

Visited December 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“My First 5 Star Review! Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

One word here guys....Wow! The building is clean and gives off the feeling of home. The people are beyond friendly and make you feel welcomed. Boy oh boy the food was shocking!! We ordered eggs, sausage, potatoes, breaded tenderloin, biscuits and gravy, and cole slaw! The sausage was amazing! The tenderloin became better with each bite. And then the biscuits and gravy....was honestly the best I have ever had. If you are in Seymour or near Seymour this is a must eat hidden gem! Great people, great service, great prices, and great food. You cannot do wrong here!

• Visited December 2012