“Don't stay here if you want a good nights sleep.”
Review of Motel 6 Seymour

Motel 6 Seymour
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seymour
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I checked out this site to review hotels at this particular exit. I read a glowing review about how honest the staff was, how clean the rooms were yada yada yada. Lobby and rooms were clean...rooms did have a microwave and mini fridge. BED was like a rock and the pillow like a flat pancake... extremely uncomfortable! It took me two hours to finally get comfortable enough to sleep. Skip the fridge n microwave...give me a decent pillow...comfortable bed and a coffee pot for the room.

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Clean comfortable rooms at a reasonable rate. Staff friendly and very honest I recently stayed at the Seymour IN motel and forgot my wallet in the room with over two hundred dollars and all my credit cards and identification in it. I was immediately notified by the staff that they had found it and it was returned to me with everything intact. I am so greatful to the staff of this motel that I will definately stay there again and would recommend them to everyone! If this motel chain gives out awards for outstanding customer service they sould absolutely be awarded one! Thanks again for your honesty and you can leave the light on for me I will be back!

Room Tip: You won't find a more honest staff anywhere!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2010

For a break from the road this is a really nice Motel 6. I've stayed in a number of them and our room had a minifridge and a microwave, which was a great surprise. There are a couple of small places to eat nearby. The check in process was easy and quick, which I was happy for at that late hour. There was a lot of room around the hotel for our dogs to run around and enjoy. It was a clean room and looked fairly new. Compared to the average Motel 6, this place is quite a gem.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We visited the Motel 6 in Seymour on our family vacation trip from Dallas to Chicago. We had three adults and five children in our travelling party and booked two rooms. The rooms were small but clean and quiet. The high-speed internet worked fine. When you stay at a Motel 6, you should expect no frills, but this motel was better than average.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank chipmay
Reviewed August 2, 2007

This property is right next to the Tanger Outlet Mall (you could walk there if you weren't going to be carrying any shopping bags back). It is fairly new and the room we had was clean. It had a small fridge with a big enough freezer area for our two cooler icepacks. The TV was on the small side and the room is not spacious (though we did have enough room to set up our cot).

This is a Motel 6, so don't expect a fancy lobby. In fact, the lobby is nothing but a counter along side the main hallway of the ground floor. There is no food service on site, but there are numerous restaurants and fast food joints within a short 1-2 mile drive.

There is a postage stamp sized pool outside; but we did not venture in.

There was a bit of an odd odor by the vending machines (near the lobby). There is a microwave there, and I'm guessing the night clerk (who was probably Indian or Pakistani) warmed some pungent food in the microwave there.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed July 18, 2006

On our mini-vacation last year, my mother and I stayed here for two nights during the weekend of October. Being that it was before the big fall rush to see the colors change in southern Indiana, the prices were very fair.

Motel 6 is located in a perfect spot - right off the freeway, and right at the beginning of one of the biggest and busiest roads in Seymour. That being the case, it was easy to make our way in and out without having to look at the map all of the time. And we didn't have to waste a bunch of gas going to get something to eat. It is also next to an Outlet Mall, which is convenient for all you shoppers out there.

The hotel itself is your standard Motel 6 fare, the only difference being that this is one of the "Inside Room" buildings. IE: You don't drive up to your room. That fact alone made me love the place even more.

There is a computer in the lobby for patrons to use for free if they need to check email or let people know that they've arrived safely.

Rooms are pretty plain - nothing too unique. Crazy patterns abound, and little lotions and potions await your arrival.

A few of the downsides to this particular Motel 6, however, are 1) the fact that the employees rarely check on the ice machines, so you have to go to the lobby to get ice, 2) if you need more than 2 towels, you have to go downstairs to get some and 3) if anyone on your floor is taking a shower - you best be prepared to suffer through yours. Ice cold water in my face is not my idea of a pleasant experience.

So if you can get past its faults, you will be pleased with the amount of money you saved overall. And I have to admit that the price was cheap enough that I would use the hotel again if I was ever again in the area.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank brandyinindiana
A TripAdvisor Member
Louisville, KY
Reviewed January 9, 2004

This is a newer motel that is very nice for such a low rate. I had a fridge, microwave, and clean room. I enjoy shopping at the mall which is within walking distance of this motel.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member