“When you can't go home this is the place to be :)”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seymour
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The motel was extremely clean, the staff was exceptional, the breakfast had a lot of choices whether you wanted hot or cold items. We live on the road working and hardly ever get to go home and I haven't found very many motels that could hold a candle to this one. Good job to the full staff and when we work in your area next year we will be back. Thanks so much!!!!!
The Teiglands

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank haydenmoo
Debra_McCormick, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a great trip advisor post. We enjoyed having you stay with us. We are looking forward to your return soon. I certainly hope we make all of our guest feel at home. On behalf of my staff, I want to Thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The place looks great, but walking in the lobby you are hit with the smell of pool chemicals. The odor was so strong that it almost stung one's eyes.

Strongly suggest asking for a room opposite highway. We didn't and the noise was very loud.

Breakfast room was okay, not too many healthy options.

Work out room was clean.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank kaybrick
Debra_McCormick, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for your comments, I have tried to contact you directly, however I can not find your name on our guest registry in the system. I apologize for the strong pool odor, I will certainly look in to that, as this is the first anyone has mentioned it. We appreciate your business and certainly hope you return in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Fairfield was a very clean hotel with a great staff. Another late night check in for us, we were greeted by very friendly staff that provided us an efficient check in. Even the pizza guy that was delivering was friendly and made some recommendations on local restaurants. The beds were very comfortably and came with peppermints on the pillow -- a nice touch! The shower was awesome. Breakfast was also good and the coffee fresh and plentiful. The pool looked small but wasn't crowded at all - didn't get a chance to swim on this stay

Room Tip: I would try to avoid the rooms that mostly face the highway as there are some semi drivers that like...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheResortHopper

Thank you for your great review. We do appreciate your business. And I will share this survey with the hotel staff. I certainly hope to see you in the future for your next trip to the Seymour Indiana area. Thank you on behalf of the Team at the Fairfield Inn & Suites.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Fairfield Inn, Seymour, is one of the nicest, cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. The staff goes above and beyond! They are very professional, friendly and helpful. They make sure your stay is excellent. The rooms are SO CLEAN and pretty! The water is softened, which makes for a fantastic shower!! The beds and bedding are so cozy, nicer than mine! And if that wasn't enough, the breakfast is great! We love this hotel so much, that we've booked 40 rooms for my daughter's wedding, thanks to manager Debra M cCormick! She has worked very hard to put this together for my daughter's special day, and we can't wait to go back! I highly recommend this hotel to every local person, and traveller alike! Can't say enough about it!

Room Tip: We love the King Suites...so roomy!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rod D
Debra_McCormick, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Cindy, Thank you for the great review. We enjoyed your visit as well. I am excited to be a part of your daughters special day. We look forward to your return. As you know we strive for excellence in customer service and want every guest to feel at home. Thank you again.
Fairfield Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was the best check in experience, nicest room (we had a king suite) and cleanest overall hotel I've stayed in recently (4 in the past 6 weeks). The breakfast was well stocked and the whole lobby and common areas were cleaner than most. The decor was bright and modern.

Room Tip: If you need extra room, the king suites are larger than most "suite" hotels.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bethanycv
Debra_McCormick, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you very much for the great comments, as I will share all the the staff. We do appreciate the feedback and certainly appreciate your business. Looking forward to see you in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My over all experience with Fairfield Inn & Suites was excellent. My room was very clean, the bed was very comfy. I really was impressed with how clean my room was. I felt right at home. I even told someone that I'd live there if I could! The breakfast in the morning was very good too. Had a great variety to choose from. Very impressive! The appearance of the hotel was very clean and welcoming. All the staff and employees were very friendly. A special thanks to Trixie Deaton for providing great customer service and recommending this hotel for my stay. I'll definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family! I'll definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank arkelso
Debra_McCormick, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you so much for the great feedback on our property. I will be sure to share this with our staff. We appreciate your business and certainly look forward to you visiting again.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

If you are booking business travel with this property, you'll want to pay attention to this review. This hotel would not accept the business card from my government agency simply because it has my boss' name on it, and he wasn't on this trip with me. This card is the only one our accountant will allow me to use, and using it for my hotel stays has NOT been a problem at any other hotel. Ever. And I travel a lot.

Even the manager on duty told me that they've had several complaints from local companies about this policy, which is NOT advertised on their website. I booked through Marriott's 888 number, so the booking agent didn't know about this policy when I made the reservation, either. I also don't believe this policy is in line with Marriott's corporate standards. Anyway, I contacted Marriott about it but only received a phone call from the hotel's manager. I did not return her call so I don't know what she wanted to tell me.

Anyway, the refusal of my business card was HIGHLY inconvenient. I also never received the 1,500 bonus loyalty points the manager on duty promised me as compensation for my troubles, which was basically the only reason I agreed to stay there and not find another hotel that would accept my business card. Otherwise, I liked my room and breakfast was good. This property met Marriott's high standards except for the fact that they jerked me around and are creating an inconvenience for business travelers everywhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Alicia E
Debra_McCormick, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you Alicia for your concerns. However, as you stated I have made attempts to contact you personally, with no response on your behalf. My concerns are with the fact that you state Marriott approved this. Our proceedure is a Marriott Standard. This means all Identification is to be checked upon check in and match form of payment. Not only is this a Marriott Standard, This is the law. I certainly would hope that you as a patron could appreciate business proceedures that protect you as a card holder. I am currently working with Marriott to identify the customer representive that made your reservation along with Trip Advisor regarding this post.
We do appreciate your business and certainly hope to continue a working relationship with you.
Respectfully,
Fairfield Inn & Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seymour
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour
Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
#1 of 6 in Scottsburg

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour? Share your experiences!