“Business travel- good value”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sellersburg
Chesterland, Ohio
“Business travel- good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Good value for the money. Hotel was clean and comfortable including common areas. My room was clean and everything was very functional. Breakfast was a bit skimpy, but still a good value. I would stay again next time I'm conduction business in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Bathroom appeared to have been re-done several time a with paint peeling away in big chunks. Room decor was some 30 years out of date, with windows that looked as if they had not been washed with a clean cloth in some years. The beds were ok at best, but only because we were extremely tired. Area for washing your face was dimly lit with few areas to plug in cords for phones or hair dryers. It smelled as if it had just recently been converted from a smoking or semi-smoking establishment to a non-smoking one.....the smells were very prevalent throughout the entire place. I would not stay there again if given the opportunity.....it seems as if the quality of Comfort Inns has definitely gone down hill. One other thing....if you do stay here, be sure and as for a detailed bill...they put a Safe Warranty charge on you bill....unreal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Sellersburg hotels

Evansville, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

For starters, Aladdin, the clerk who barely spoke English, had lost my reservation which had been made a week prior to my arrival. After finally checking in, I noticed that my sink did not drain without me first having to take it apart. The toilet would not flush without holding the lever down for a minimum of 3-5 seconds. The toilet's holding take must have leaked slightly because every couple hours it would run on it's own. The towels, which were obviously supposed to be white, looked like they had been used for the past 5 years and had a slight light brown tint to them. The bath towel which is used to be laid on the floor just outside the tub was falling apart. Most hotels provide complementary shampoo and conditioner; this one provided me with shampoo and a bottle of hand lotion. This hotel also provided a complimentary breakfast. Let me tell you about this breakfast. The waffles had a blue tint to them. They also provided Canadian bacon and some type of eggs. I say some type of eggs because I am not sure what kind they were. They were made into a patty of some sort. Both the Canadian bacon and the eggs were served in a pan with lid that appeared like it was supposed to keep the eggs and bacon warm. After having experienced the poor living conditions, I was not a bit surprised when I discovered that the bacon and eggs were served cold. Lastly, it was noticed that their pool permit had been expired for several months. When this fact was brought to the attention of hotel staff, the situation was rectified by simply removing the pool permit from public view. The only positive review I have for this hotel is that I had all the privacy one could ever ask for; however, I am every bit confident that the privacy is due to this hotel being such a slum that nobody wants to stay there.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else; I beg you, find a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Blmule6523
Cocoa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived around 11:00 the (owner/manager, not sure who he was) would not give any discounts, after traveling 16 hours, took a shower and when we pulled the covers off the sheets looked like they were slept in!! We were so tired we just hoped they really weren't. The next day we told the (owner/manager's wife) about it and she stated if we didn't tell anyone they would take $10.00 off the bill! Hotel sucked, breakfast sucked, bad hotel especially for the price we ended up paying.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RacingMom
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed here for the Kentucky derby and were charged over $170/night for a hotel that's not worth 1/4 of that. No hot water the first morning and heard nothing back after complaining. The 2nd morning I complained again (this time the manager was in) only to be told upon checking, 2 of the 3 boilers were down. Full hotel and they say I was the only one complaining! The gal at the front desk all 3 mornings was very unfriendly and unhelpful. Rooms were dirty and pool is a joke! 3.5' deep at it's deepest. Stay away!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PDXFamilyof3
wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Had to stay here on our way back to Wisconsin due to all the other hotels being full. The room smelled so bad, I really didn't think we could stand it. Found urine stains on sheets on bed, mold in bath, and some kind of bugs that had all of us scratching from being bit. The pull out sofa is suppose to sleep 2, but it is the size and comfort of an old cot. Didn't stay for breakfast - wouldn't eat anything that was in that hotel. I did contact corporate 2 times, and got a letter saying they would look into it. Really needs to be looked at by the city health department.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a non smoking floor. What hotel offers smoking floors now anyways?
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WisconsinBarbara
Buda, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

No complaints, all service requests were dealt with. Fair layout for breakfast with options. Room was clean. It was Priced right at $75 a night for a king.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Seventhfire
comfortinnamar, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
to receive your kind words of praise about how clean our rooms were and the layout of breakfast.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sellersburg
Ramada Sellersburg/Louisville North
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
#1 of 6 in Scottsburg
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Clarksville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!