Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Priceline
$60
$67
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanhot tubthe breakfast areanice hoteloff the highwayking suitewafflesstayed one nightdefinitely stay here againeasy accessgreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastcomfortable staystaff was friendlyfront desk staffbusiness triplobby
Reviewed April 12, 2014

As usual, a fine experience! The staff and management were very good. Maintenance man told me twice that he hoped I was enjoying my stay. Clean and well kept Hampton. Always wish your prices were more competitive with Best Western.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for your response. We appreciate you and we hope that you will stay with us again the next time that you visit our area.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and often stay at Hampton Inns. This one was not exactly typical. First of all, I arrived with two co-workers to check-in after 4p on a Tuesday. None of our rooms were ready and we learned the hotel housekeeping was short-staffed with only two housekeepers to clean the whole hotel. We understand that these things can happen, but it was inconvenient and did not get our stay off to a good start.

I made the mistake of booking a traditional King. In most Hampton Inns, King rooms will have a refrigerator and microwave. Apparently, all the regular king rooms in this hotel lack those amenities. Other issues with the room included a very small corner bathroom vanity and a vent that sounded off like a jet-engine whenever the lights were on. This noisy vent is not a problem when taking a shower, but forget about listening to the television while in the bathroom. I didn't have anyone in the room with me, but know it would have been impossible to carry on a conversation over that roar. I was also very disappointed with the low water pressure. The hotel staff told me this was required by Hilton (as was the roaring vent), but I have stayed at numerous Hilton properties and usually have much better water pressure. On the first night of my stay, the toilet stopped flushing during the night. I opened the lid to the tank and attempted to restore function by jiggling the plumbing, but was unsuccessful. I used trash cans filled with water to flush my toilet until the next morning when I reported the problem to the front desk. The toilet was repaired by the time I arrived back to my room for the evening.

On the positive side, the hotel has a lovely lobby and was overall clean. Also, when I complained, staff politely listened and treated me with respect. Nevertheless, I felt there was an excuse for everything from the initial wait to the broken toilet to the low water pressure, etc. In fairness, I was offered a suite if one became available, but I didn't feel like packing up my things and moving to another room.

One of my travel companions stayed in a queen room which apparently came with a refrigerator and microwave. While he would have preferred to be in a king room, he was grateful to have a refrigerator. The other coworker had booked a suite. He was very satisfied with the size of the room and amenities. That said, they both also complained about the water pressure.

My advice-- if you want a refrigerator, choose the suite or a queen room. If you want a room with better water pressure and a vent that doesn't sound like a jet plane, choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Pick the suite!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your response. We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed here one night and was very impressed with the quality of the hotel. I usually stay at Hampton's and this was one of the nicest. The lobby and breakfast area was beautiful. The rooms were great and the staff was even better.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your response. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you visit our area.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Clean and comfortable place to stay. Fantastic staff. Very helpful and thoughtful. We overslept and their staff was able to great about getting us a breakfast to go bag. What was really good was that they offered and we hadn't asked.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your response. We appreciate you and we look forward to seeing you again the next time that you visit our area.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have to say our stay at this Hampton Inn was definetly disappointing. Gentleman at front desk was very friendly but his advice on the restaurant next door was bad. Note: Rodehouse USA Lousey. Beautiful Lobby but during cold months everytime the front doors open a COLD blast of air runs through entire lobby and breakfast area-very uncomfortable! Room was okay but needed better cleaning as we found toe nail clippings on floor in front of sofa. Pool area very cramped and pool was so cold my kids would not even go in. Whirlpool was not very clean and towels were very rough. Asked front desk about pool temp. and we were given some dumb response as basically deal with it as we have no control! Breakfast was average and well stocked if you could stand the cold lobby! We will stay somewhere else next time through as this hotel did not meet Hampton Inn standards. Note: We have noticed here lately that the Hampton Inns everywhere seem to be strugggling-Sad

Room Tip: Bring your Vacume Cleaner
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your response. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope that you give us another chance and stay with us in the future.