“Quick overnight stay”

Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scottsburg
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We were just passing through the area on our way to the Great Smoky Mountain National park. This hotel was convenient to the interstate.

Check in went smoothly; the front desk clerk was friendly.

Our room was clean and the decor looked updated. The bed was comfortable.

We left early the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank anono99

Reviewed August 3, 2008

Stayed for a night on the way to Wisconsin. Very nice Hampton Inn! Super cleam, friendly staff, nice rooms, very comfy beds. Smallish exercise room and pool, but still nice. Breakfast in the morning was excellent. Lobby/breakfast area is very open and inviting, not crowded like most such places. Property has low redemption value for HHonors points, too. Dining options nearby are limited (Hey, Scottsburg isn't very big!). Wal-Mart Supercenter across street. Great place for a stopover, though I wouldn't mind spending a few days just to get away from the city.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We are Holiday Inn people, but while traveling, this time decided to try a Hampton for the first time. After being unsure of the website, I called this hotel directly. Told the front desk immediately that I had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before to which they asked me to call back...they were in the middle of "an audit". I was taken back by the shortness of the clerk with no offer of help at all, but didn't give up and called the Hampton Inn 800 number to book.

When we arrived at the Hampton Inn, I was impressed. Nice facility, nice lobby. Our rooms were on the first floor facing the pool and the pool was great. Seemed clean and a great place for a child to play in the pool. Was glad they had keycard access for the pool so no children could wander into that area without a key.

The breakfast bar was wonderful and a pleasant experience. Lots of great food to chose from, from scrambled eggs and biscuts to cold cereral and lots of juices or coffee. This WAS the best breakfast bar I've seen in a hotel. I thought the rooms were wonderful, but when it came for bedtime while trying to set our alarm, we were confused at whether the time zone had changed. I called the front desk to have it ring 10 times or so. Finally when I got an answer I explained that we were unsure of the timezone we were in. She rudely said "LIKE I TOLD YOU ALREADY it's 11:42" I said "no ma'am...this is my first time to call you". She didn't apologize but repeated the time. So, the only two times I had problems seems to be with rudeness at front desk late at night. She apparently was bothered by the phone calls. Not a great impression of THIS Hampton in my mind, but it won't stop me from trying Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank TNNative_7
Reviewed June 30, 2008

This hotel was horrible. The rooms were hot and beds were so very uncomfortable. The beds felt like you were sleeping on cotton balls and a concrete floor. The hotel didn’t have a manager on duty and had a poor elderly lady working in miserable pain. She had no choice but to stay on the job because she called the general manager and she told her that she had plans for the weekend and not to leave. The poor lady was basically lying up against the wall and I asked her if she was okay, stated that she had just took a prescription pain pill. I explained to her that’s going to make her fall asleep and she said she only took half of one. Therefore, I will never stay at this hotel because the way it is operated. I had to go to higher up at the customer service because I finally got in touch with the general manager and she wasn’t going to stand behind the 100% Hilton satisfaction policy.

If you don’t want to be in back pain and sore for two days, don’t stay at this hotel..

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2008

We stayed here one night on our way from Virginia Beach to Illinois. The first room we checked into had no heat. I know things go wrong, but the cover had been pulled off like they had already been working on it. We then moved all our things across the hall to a room that had a broken phone, peeling paint in the bath, hair in the bath and overall was not so clean. We turned on the heat and someone had dumped Cheetos in the vent. The room itself had been nice at one time... high ceilings etc. The bed and bedding was excellent. The breakfast and lobby were also excellent. I made a list of items that needed attention adn gave it to the deskclerk at checkout and told her I was not happy. She said they would get right on it. I was not out to get a free night, but it mad me mad that she did not offer to honor their 100% satisfaction guarantee. I probably would have said I didn't want a free room, but I was mad the offer wasn't made. When we got to our Residence Inn in Davenport IA, my husband made the comment when we walked in that it was nice to be in a clean room and trust me; he ISN'T the picky one. I will really reconsider staying at a Hamptopn Inn in the future. I think they are really starting to slide.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank cwoseabee
Reviewed April 17, 2007

Our family stayed at this hotel last year on our way back home from Floirda to Wisconsin. This year on our way back from Alabama we stayed there again.

This hotel feels much more luxurious than any other Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at. The room we stayed in had very high ceilings, and had a very soft beds, with lots of pillows. The pool is on the smaller side, but still enjoyable. The fitness room is attached to the pool area, so my husband was able to work out while he was watching the kids in the pool.

They have a laundry room, and it does not cost anything to use the washer and dryer. I loved this, because I did all of the laundry from our week long trip while we were there. I was so excited when I got home, and I didn't have a ton of laundry to do.

The breakfast in the morning was one of the best breakfasts we have ever had at a hotel. And on both of our visits we have found all of the workers to be very friendly, and very customer orientated.

It is conveniently located off of I-65. There are many restaurants nearby including a nice family restaurant, McDonalds with an indoor playland, KFC, Pizza Hut and a Steak and Waffle.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank WisconsinUpNorthGal
Reviewed October 29, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Scottsburg for one night in October 2006. The hotel and room were clean and nicely decorated. The bed was so comfortable. There were even two kinds of pillows to choose from. The complimentary breakfast bar was very nice. There was scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, yogurt, fruit, good coffee. My only complaint was with another cou;le who allowed their children to stampede loudly through the hallways in their bathing suits keeping us awake. I complained to the front desk to no avail. The same bathing suit clad children were running the halls at 6AM and woke us up. If it wasn't for the poorly supervised young guests, our stay would have been flawless.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JillMarie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsburg
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg
Comfort Inn Madison
#4 of 7 in Madison
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour
Ramada Sellersburg/Louisville North

Been to Hampton Inn Scottsburg? Share your experiences!