“Great stay”

Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scottsburg
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a great experience at this hotel. The lobby was clean and very modern. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and especially love the nice comforters that are washed for every visitor. I will look for Hampton hotels anywhere I go.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you visit our area.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Needed a room late in the evening as children wore out before we reached our planned destination. The staff at the hotel quickly assisted us finding the right room. Overall stay was excellent! Room was clean and quiet. Complimentary breakfast was very good. Staff at hotel were extremely friendly and accomadating,

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit our area.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I needed a place to stay on my way back from South Carolina that accepted dogs. This was a great choice, recommended by my parents. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. My son enjoyed using the pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are glad to have you as guests and look forward to seeing you again the next time that you visit our area.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My stay was just right in all aspects. I recommend Hampton Inn. The hotel was easy to find and access. The signs were well-placed, and quite obvious. Nearby facilities such as restaurants and gas stations were also easily visible. Access was good for my truck. Staff was ready with answers and suggestions. Everything about the hotel was just right: good sleeping and good food in a pleasant environment. Check out was a breeze.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. Breakfast was your typical motel breakfast, nothing fancy nothing terrible. At least the lady kept the tables in the breakfast area clean. That is a huge plus!

We do like that the Hampton's wash the bed cover as well as the sheets.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit our area.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We are Hilton Honors members who travel once per month regionally (Midwest). We prefer Homewood Suites from Hilton, but none were in the area we needed to visit. A typical Hampton should include the following: crisp, clean rooms, well-stocked breakfast area, heated pool & spa, free wi-fi in room, fitness center, 24hour access to coffee/tea in lobby, free water (for Honors members), and concession area off the front counter. Everything was there, but not up to par. The pool was cold, the spa was warm (not hot) and the jets didn't work well. The breakfast was very lacking (they ran out of sausage an hour before breakfast ended). Unless you liked western omlettes or waffles you were out of luck on hot food. The breads/muffin area was stocked with wheat bread, chocolate muffins and cherry danish but nothing else. Just very limited -for what you pay to stay here. We stayed two nights and our room was not cleaned after the first night (we had to call and request it). In general the staff was responsive, but just seemed unable to do anything quite right. A funny instance, I went down to buy a few candy bars at the front counter and when I asked the clerk how much they were, she responded "the same as they were a little bit ago, $1." She apparently thought I was there a few minutes ago. That was the feeling here, staffed but everyone was "out to lunch" if you know what I mean.

Room Tip: They do have suites here with a full kitchen, and they are in quieter corners of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We try to always go above and beyond for our guests and I am sorry to hear that we were unable to do that for you.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel and amenities were very good, however, the manager on duty at the time of our visit was the worst i have ever experienced. I have stayed in this hotel often for a summer family reunion. Every year as I reserve a suite at this hotel, my local family visit us and we swim, then have dinner together. During this stay, the manager on duty named Phyllis treated us horribly. When my family came through the front door she told them only registered guests can swim. They came to our room then we went downstairs to swim. We were the ONLY guests in the pool. Phyllis opened the door to the pool and announced loudly "This is a general announcement. If you are a registered guest at this hotel, you must leave IMMEDIATELY". All of us got out of the pool and my family, especially the younger children cowered in the corner until we came back from discussing this issue with the management. There is a sign posted with this "rule", but the rule also says that you must "shower before entering the pool". Rules such as this are usually only enforced if there is a prolbem so that they can address guests that cause an issue. When we discussed this with Phyllis who would only offer to make us a copy of the rules and that if we didn't leave the pool area, she would call the police to have us removed. I asked to talk to her supervisor, but was not offered any way to contact Joy Tobias - the manager on duty per the posted signage. I have never before been treated in such an inappropriate and rude manner. I just wanted anyone who reserves this hotel for their stay to know of this treatment. If you plan to stay at this hotel and have any non-registered guests visit you, they will not be allowed to swim with you. Had I known this would have actually been enforced (as it never had been an issue over the past dozen or so years I've stayed here), I would not have stayed at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

We are sorry that you had a disapponinting experience during your stay with us and that we were not able to provide you with an exceptional stay. I was disappointed to read from your review that our staff did not provide you the professional and courteous treatment that you deserve. There are certain policies that we must abide by, however, I can assure you this is very unusual to happen this way and I've made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests and I truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsburg
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg
Comfort Inn Madison
#4 of 7 in Madison
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour
Ramada Sellersburg/Louisville North

Been to Hampton Inn Scottsburg? Share your experiences!