“Not your topical Hampton”

Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scottsburg
“Not your topical Hampton”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The front doors scared me as you walk up, they open out automatically. The place is clean that's not the problem. The decor is trapped somewhere between country duck blue and a mix of stately wood look.
I am assuming that Betty is family or the owner because she is not very friendly nor is she your standard "hello welcome to Hampton" employee.
In stark contrast the gentlemen who is in charge of the great breakfast bar makes up for the miss match decor and almost for the sub standard customer service provided at check in.
Gold Hampton card holder here

• Stayed March 2013
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. we always appreciate hearing from our guests including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I thank you very much for selecting our hotel. I do however understand that you were disappointed that some of our staff members lacked the good customer service you've come to expect from us. In addition I am sorry if you were not impressed with our decor. Our main priority for our guests is to have a good impression of our property and I apologize if we did not deliver this for you.
I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area, please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Overall, nice place. Staff was friendly. We had a short stay on a layover between Michigan and Florida. Slept too late so we missed breakfast (ended at 10am). King suite was huge and perfect for our family of 5, with a fridge, microwave, bar, and even a complimentary bag of popcorn. Pool was warm and kids had a blast.

Only issues were that our room only had 4 pillows for our family of 5. When I asked for another, they were out. Go buy 50 pillows at Walmart - you shouldn't run out of pillows. And no changing area/shower in pool, so you have to plan ahead, but no big deal.

Room Tip: Don't get room 303 - it is a king suite, but next to the elevator and the sound of the motor kep...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.
Neosho
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past year and a half and while there are other options locally, I always choose this one. The staff is friendly and unscripted. The hotel is QUIET which is HUGE for me. It's always clean. The suites are really nice if you have to room with someone you don't know that well like a co-worker (one can take the bedroom and one can sleep on the fold out couch).

The gentleman prepping the breakfast area who I see others referencing in their reviews is a true asset to this hotel. He was personable, professional and accommodating. I really enjoyed the friendliness.

I was also appreciative of the accommodations for my little travel companion, my dog Poppy :)

Room Tip: I have been everywhere in this hotel and have never had a problem with noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our Hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you visit our area.
Terre Haute
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beds are comfy, the staff is very nice, and the breakfast in the morning is nice!
Close to Madison or Louisville which ever place you may be going. Will stay
here more often when I travel to Madison as during special week-end events the
Madison hotels fill up quick, and it's only about a 20 minute drive to downtown
Madison, Indiana.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you visit our area.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I would have given a 4 rating if not for the very strong burnt smell in our room on the second floor. Not sure if it was the smell of burnt coffee or if it was coming from the heating system. The mattresses appeared to be brand new and were comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and the man running the breakfast setup was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback abour our hotel. I sincerely appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff and that you found our beds to be comforable. our main priority is for all our guests to receive and exceptional level of customer service and a comforable stay. i do however understand that here was an unpleasant burnt smell. we apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay.
Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences and I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Clinton, Illinois
Reviewed January 2, 2013

we enjoyed our stay here. Darrell did an excellent job with the breakfast area, and was great to chat with. this is a good location, with fast food and fast shopping nearby. we stayed on the side away from the interstate and quality inn, and had no complaints about noise. we would stay here again, if in the area

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Typical Hampton Inn- just fine for the drive home from Florida. We were exhausted from driving all day & stayed Sat. night. Quality Inn across parking lot has outrageously loud band from 10 pm-2am. Informed by staff this is ongoing. Could not get to sleep. Front desk told me nothing could be done & offered to check us out of hotel. How this noise is acceptable, I have no idea. Old lady night auditor will treat you as though you are a bother to her.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kthom33
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I'm sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about noise from the band accross the street. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsburg
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg
#4 of 7 in Madison
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seymour
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Charlestown
Ramada Sellersburg/Louisville North

Been to Hampton Inn Scottsburg? Share your experiences!