“Absolutely fantastic service!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Scottsburg
Danville, Kentucky
“Absolutely fantastic service!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for going on 4 months now with my job and the people and atmosphere couldn't be better. Great people, great rooms and fantastic management!! Everyone is always so nice and kind to you each trip you make. It never gets old seeing the faces here at this hotel. (kind of like a home away from home) Cookies, water, food, laughs, jokes, fun, etc...... Doesn't get much better than this. I have honestly never stayed anywhere anymore enjoyable than here in Scottsburg.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rachel W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
We have been happy to have you here at the Holiday Inn Express in Scottsburg, IN. I'm sure you have been just as much of family to us as we have been to you. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. We will miss you as your job pulls you to different locations and we hope that you stay within the Holiday Inn Express family. Thanks again, Rachel Watson General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Emeryville, California
Reviewed April 4, 2014

What an unexpected delight to discover this hotel late at night. We had no idea where we were (literally: "Which state are we in?"), but it was time to sleep. There were several very viable options at the exit, but luckily we ended up at Holiday Inn. The woman who checked us in was exceptionally friendly and helpful, so I immediately knew that we'd made the right choice. She took care of all my requests and requirements. The room was spotless, the bed comfortable, the pillows great. The breakfast was tasty, and the woman working there was great, too. At check out, I introduced myself to the GM (Rachel), and it's clear to see why the staff is so energetic, customer-oriented, and friendly. I even forgot my coat on a lobby chair, and somebody ran out to the parking lot to return it to me. I can't imagine being in Scottsburg, Indiana again any time soon (but who knows!), but if I am--I'll be staying at this hotel. Thank you, everybody!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Rachel W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
We are so happy that you made it to the Holiday Inn Express in Scottsburg, IN! Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive to be the best in hospitality and to make a lasting impression on all who walk through that door! We hope that you do make it back this way sometime soon. Thanks again! Rachel Watson General Manager
New Ross, Indiana
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was in town to visit my parents and stayed a night here. The staff was remarkable. It was getting late in the evening hours & I was surprized to see the GM behind the desk greeting the guest and taking care of all of our needs with a pleasant smile. The hospitality was just wonderful. It is right off of interstate 65 with easy access to restaurants. It had an indoor pool & the bed was very very comfortable. We enjoyed a great breakfast upon leaving that was very good with lots to choose from. I will stay here again. Nice quiet place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Rachel W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Scottsburg, IN! We know you have several options in the area and appreciate you as our guest. It was my pleasure to greet you and all of the guests in this hotel. We look forward to your next visit. Rachel Watson General Manager
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed March 24, 2014

First, we stopped at two other hotels in the 'neighborhood' and deliberately chose this one. Everyone was very helpful and extremely friendly. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were super. Most importantly, the bathroom was spotless and the towels were thick. My room was directly above the breakfast area and I was really delighted to wake up to the smell of freshly cooked bacon and coffee. Sad to say the pancake cooker was down. It would help if the internet connection ran more smoothly, but we would not hesitate to book there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind words and recent visit to Holiday Inn Express Scottsburg! We love starting our day with the smell of our breakfast items as well. Since your stay we have been adding some more options to the breakfast bar and the complete "new" breakfast will be rolled out within 30 days. We will have our same item plus some more excited new items. We can't wait for your return! Thanks again! Rachel Watson General Manager
Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel on a road trip and I don't think it is up to typical Holiday Inn standards. The lobby and the rooms were dated. The room itself had a musty spell and the bed was very uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure the mattress was well past the end of it's useful life. The bathroom was clean although again showing some wear. I would suggest skipping this hotel and stopping at another hotel in the neighborhood.

I will say the staff was very friendly so not a totally bad experience. Unfortunately a road side hotel with a bad bed is a deal breaker for me.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank S708
Rachel W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, without feedback from our valued guests we do not know what areas we need to focus on to improve. Fortunately we will be going through some updates through the next two months and we hope we get a chance to accomodate you again. Thanks again!! Rachel Watson General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Scottsburg hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed with our family for one night. They had a crib available (this was key-many don't have it, or say they do and then it turns out they don't when you get there). They set it up for us right away. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. We will stay again if we're back that way.

• Stayed January 2014
Rachel W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive to be one of the best "home away from home" hotels that we can be! We look forward to accomodating you again soon!
Olathe
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was a very typical Holiday Inn. Clean, quiet, and well presented. Everything was in place and as expected. They had an indoor pool which was nice, even though I do not swim. Breakfast was as usual bisquits and gravy, bacon and eggs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Rachel W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
We appreciate your feedback as it is essential to our growth as a member of the IHG family of hotels. We look forward to accomodating you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsburg
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seymour
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 10 in Seymour

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg? Share your experiences!