All reviewscracker barrel within walking distancegreat water pressure in the showerpriority clubmajor renovationroad constructionadjoining roomsjacuzzi tublittle thingsbeds were very comfortablewould stay againfree breakfastlobbyindianaexpresswayreunioncerealseymour
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant but slightly uninformed front desk. I think she was new.

Looks like this may have been a country inn and suites in former life with wooden staircase and countryish decor in lobby (and hallway decor ).

Room was clean but didn't seem to measure up to other hi express locations. Bed wasn't as comfy as other HI expresses either, but good enough for night if you don't have alternative. Friends stayed at quality inn nearby and said it was worse than this....but $30 cheaper.

I didn't sample it, but breakfast looked better than many. Boiled eggs, yogurt, premade omelet. Bananas and standard breakfast included fare.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear lisadhome,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. Rest assured that these will be shared to our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here when passing through on a business trip and because I found a coupon in one of those hotel coupon books at rest areas. It was $79.99 (ended up $95 with taxes).
I was disappointed. The room smelled awful like dampness, very moldy and musty smelling. I hate hotels that have that smell! It's usually what I expect with the low-budget places, but not a HIE.
The bed was uncomfortable and hard. The pillows were awful. The air conditioner in the room made a loud rattling noise all night long.
The positives were: great water pressure in the shower, the friendly staff, the decent breakfast.
I would probably not stay here again, since I'm sensitive to those awful damp smells and feels -- it reminded me if grandma's cellar.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank BizTravelerLady
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear BizTravelerLady,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate the kind words about our hotel having friendly staff and up to par breakfast options. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the overall condition of your room. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed back in may and over heard a housekeeper talking and saying that the bikers that was staying there that weekend was nasty and dirty. So I asked another housekeeper who that was and they said she was head housekeeper. In my opinion she should not be working there because she has a rudeness about her. She don't need to be judging people because I thought she was the one that was very rude and nasty looking, all the bikers I had spoken to was all nice and clean and well behaved. Because of her rudeness I will not be staying there again, if I was the manger I would get rid of her so you all can keep having business, and I feel so sorry for the other housekeepers that have to work with her. Everything about the hotel was good and clean but when you have one bad person in there it ruins everything about the hotel...

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Pearlie231
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Pearlie231 ,

Thank you for your feedback. Your willingness to spare some of your time to relay your comments is genuinely appreciated. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped on a long road trip for a quiet night sleep. We chose the wrong hotel. There were kids running in the halls and noise coming from the rooms around ours. The beds were a joke. Must have been very old~they were mushy with waterproof covers that crinkled with any movement. The room looked old and run down. But the beds were simply awful and we wanted to leave but were too tired. Didn't sleep very much at all.

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Paige2470,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the noise and your room accommodation. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I travel about 150 to 175 days a year. So its not like I leave stuff all the time. But this morning,( 4//12/13) I was trying to get my stuff together & check out, I over looked my digital camera. After a 14 hr. day, when I stop for the evening I notice that my camera was not in my bag. So I call first thing the next morning. After being on hold for 3 or 4 minutes, she comes back with "nobody has turned it in" So I tell her again "it was on my bed in the room". Click I'm on hold again, this time 5 or 6 minutes, only to have her come back with, "housekeep says no one has turned one in, Have a nice day....we'll call if one is turned in"...CLICK I'm pissed because I didn't lose my camera, I forgot it in the room ! So I wonder who has the camera ? And I'm a priority club member.......

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear JW2161,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, IN. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.