Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$107
$95
Priceline
$97
$61
All reviewsexpress breakfastfront desklarge dognew ownershippriority clubmajor renovationdesk personovernight stoproom was cleanadjoining roomsjacuzzi tubplace to staylittle thingscleaning stafffree breakfaststaff was friendlywould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2012

When I travel for work I am looking for the basics in a room; many of which were not met at this location. The room was dusty, the remote and TV guide (that is laminated) was dirty. Also, the small blanket they put on the end of the bed was soiled with hair on the bed. Good news, the room was not musty. If traveling through the area again, I would try another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fgr8out
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear fgr8out,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I am glad you found our staff service satisfactory. I want to assure you we work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the room's cleanliness.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Room was clean and nice. Pool was warm and clean. Nice hot breakfast. Reasonable rates.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Staff was very friendly and welcoming. They had me checked in very quickly. I'm not a smoker, but was put in a smoking room. As soon as I opened the door I was hit with a whiff of stale stench. I couldn't figure out what it was until I walked further into the room and noticed the ashtrays with matches set out on the bedside table, office table and bathroom. I have no problem with smokers by the way, but I just don't want to have to stay in a room that smells like that. Further, I'm not even sure that they washed the pillow cases. I picked up all 8 pillows and they all smelled like different people's odor. Gross. No pillow for me tonight! Again, I would highly recommend it for the staff, they were great, but the room I was in was not good.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chad C
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed here for Superbowl weekend in Feb. 2012. This was one of the few hotels in Indiana that didn’t gouge guests (although it was about 90 mins away from Indianapolis). All in all, it was a great deal.

The room was a little on the small side. The TV was a small tube (non-HD); it’s amazing to me how many hotels don’t have flatscreen TVs these days. Not a lot of amenities (e.g., no lotions, no mouthwash, no fridge, no on-site restaurant). A/C-heater was one of those box devices; not a thermostat. But it worked fine. Lots of lighting in the room, which was very clean.

Location is fantastic: 30 seconds off of I-65 (even though you’re so close to the highway, the noise was non-existent), 24-hour Walmart and many restaurants within a mile.
Breakfast buffet was outstanding—nice automatic pancake maker, eggs, muffins, yogurts, cereal, biscuits, juice, etc. All free. My one complaint was that it ends so early (9:30 weekdays/ 10 weekends). However, we came about 10 minutes late one day, and a very friendly hotel worker brought back out all of the food for us. In fact, all of the staff were very friendly.

Indoor pool was nice, though a little cool (no hot tub). Gym is a little small but open 24 hours.
For some reason, we did not get housekeeping service one of the three days—and the front desk wasn’t particularly upset when we informed them.

Parking is plentiful and free.

Bottom line is this hotel was ~$80 superbowl weekend, where Econolodges were charging $700/night. It’s not the 4 Seasons, but an outstanding deal for the price they charge. Absolutely would recommend this hotel for a traveler in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Excellent for the price. Clean, roomy, accommodating and friendly staff. Needs better TV's. - still have the old type. Breakfast provided was OK.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple