“Great fajitas and more”

Cuisines: Mexican
Scottsburg, Indiana
“Great fajitas and more”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is by far our favorite local restaurant. We eat at Santa Fe at least once a week. Very friendly staff and amazing food. Our food is always served fresh and full of flavor.

• Visited July 2014

“You never know the price!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I ate here regularly until I realized they were charging me different every time. Many have told me this is a regular occurance..I will not go here again. Food is not bad..but not worth the extra cost..Very poor business practice.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jacdbow
“Great Scott - sburg that's Good Salsa!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Just in time for a break from Steak houses & junk food, we chose Santa Fe. Met with delicious aromas and friendly staff, we jumped into the chips & salsa brought just after being seated. Excellent salsa - bought extra to bring on our trip. My husband had the fajitas and I had quesadilla - just the vehicle for more salsa & quacamole. The beans served as a side with the fajitas were the BEST!! Creamy and homemade. Nice menu with many choices and low prices. We would be regulars if we lived there!!

Chicago, Illinois
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We loved it. Frijtas were excellent. Shrimp, chicken and beef. We had one combo beef and chicken and one shrimp. Excellent. Also the chips were out of this world. Cute little place. We will come back on our next trip to Florida.

1 Thank NonnieDowntown60610
Charleston, South Carolina
“Popular place - good service - typical food”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Saturday night is a busy night for this popular Scottsburg eatery. When we arrived about 7 the place was full with a few people waiting. We were lucky in that a table for two was available. We were seated and served promptly.
Tortilla chips and salsa were brought to the table immediately - pretty typical of most Mexican restaurants. The chips were warm and crispy. The salsa was on the bland side. For an entree I ordered from the "Authentic Mexican Food" section of the menu - the carnitas a la palapa. The dish was supposed to be deep fried pork chunks with fried onions and vinaigrette sauce over. It was somewhat disappointing. There were three smallish pieces of pork and the vinaigrette sauce seemed to be missing. The pork on its own was quite dry. On the other hand the refried beans and rice were excellent - nicely seasoned, warm and plentiful. My husband ordered the chicken fajitas and they were quite good. There was a generous serving of the chicken strips along with a nice salad with lots of guacamole sauce. I would say the restaurant could be rated average to good depending on your particular entree.

• Visited December 2011