“I never complain....but, i will make an exception.”
Review of Jeeves & Co - CLOSED

Jeeves & Co
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I always liked this place for several years. I "ate" there last night for the first time since the change of ownership. What a disaster. The waitress was nice and professional. The food was awful for all three of us. Frozen entrées heated to some appropriate temperature. TV dinners would have been an improvement. It is very sad to see this place hit the toilet, but it did. Here is a project for Robert Irvine if he can get there in time. My vegetarian colleague asked if an omelet could be made. The message came back that they "had no eggs". No kidding a restaurant with no eggs? My food was really not fit to eat, of course hamburgers are so complicated. One colleague had fish and chips. Long John Silvers would have been embarrassed to serve it. Get help or loose your shirt new owner.

1  Thank Larry J

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were not so impressed with the menu. Ordered bean dip, seems like a thick black bean soup. I had the turkey club, the meat seemed like processed sliced turkey. Average fries. Nothing to write home about for sure.

1  Thank FalconClan
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have eaten at Jeeves for years and love the restaurant. However, a couple of recent visits are raising concerns about the recent "changes" they are putting in place. This has been the result of recent changes in ownership.

The setting and decor of the restaurant have always been a strength. The recent changes to the bar area are ok - but they are taking out some of the previous decorations. On our recent trip the walls in the main dining room (middle room) seemed mainly bare. I also don't personally like the dininng area added to the new bar area - but I always just request the middle room for dining.

One of the recent changes that has been a flop has been the discontinuance of the bread they served for years to be replaced by boring rolls. The manager explained that it was due to cost and they are working on an appropriate alternative. Our recent visit in late April still had the "brown and serve" rolls served with salad - these are awful. Dinner for two at Jeeves without drinks is typically ~$60--please get better bread with your salad.

The entrees are still excellent. I love the creole chicken alfredo with the raviolo. My wife gets various other entrees - all are unique and most are generally excellent. I also love their ceasar salad served with dinner for a $2 upcharge. For lunches, their burger and wisconsin cheddar soup are excellent choices.

I still strongly recommend Jeeves--hopefully the new management will make "changes" that add to the quality of the experience rather than diluting it.

4  Thank bjandljtravels
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We enjoyed lunch here on a beautiful sunny Friday. I called ahead to see if they served gluten-free meals and was told the chef could accommodate me by modifying any non-pasta dish. I enjoyed a delicious chicken and baby spinach salad. The menu was a treat to read with so many wonderful sounding concoctions. Both the food and customer service were top-notch. Also, it was wonderful to see a small town's downtown business district so busy!

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Jeeves is definately the best resturant in Scottsburg...granted, there aren't many to choose from..but it's really good. They have really original specials for lunch and dinner.