“Family”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Scottsburg
Toledo
“Family”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I have been staying here for 10 years. They treat me like part of the family. I would not stay anywhere else.I enjoy the people who work there.You can not find better people.Price is good,location is good.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
mariannscotts, Manager at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Nashville
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Clerk was extremely pleasant; room was clean - slight odor like it used to be a smoking room. Quiet; shower worked well, heat worked well; plenty of room. Also enjoyed breakfast at The Mariann Restaurant.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
mariannscotts, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Thank you for your generous comments, please come see us again
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I just stayed at the Mariann last week and found the service to be outstanding. The front desk people went overboard to make me feel welcome and how much they appreciated my business. The outdoor pool was great as the weather has been very hot lately. I even went to the local Walmart to buy a bathing suit as I did not pack one this trip. For all my future stays at the Mariann I will always pack trunks.

The rooms were nice and comfortable. The restaurant was also very good with an outstanding breakfast with a 20% discount since I stayed at the motel.

I spoke with one of the new owners (less than 2 years I think) and he told me they were trying hard to upgrade the rooms as they are able. It also nice to stay somewhere that is locally owned and operated.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
We are pleased that you were happy with your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Twice a year the Mariann Travel Inn patiently and with kindness, cleanliness, and helpfulness, tolerates our family reunions. We give thanks form the bottom of our hearts for all they do for our family each year. We try to keep our children from making to much noise when it gets late, however, kids will be kids, especially when they are with family that they haven't seen in a long time. We know that we put a lot of pressure on the hotel but in return we provide our service year after year and will continue to do so. Thanks to Debbie for all her hard work. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to Scottsburg, Indiana.

sincerely,
The Combs and Gann Families

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SteveAndAmy64
mariannscotts, General Manager at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Thank you for the nice comment. We look forward seeing you in the summer
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stayed over the July 4th weekend. The hotel has a great location off of I-65. We found the property to be in great shape for a 40 year old facility. The have a large spacious pool that was clean and refreshing. A covered pavilion provided additional shade which was much needed that day. We were asked at check-in if we were going to use the pool, and were given pool towels immediately. The rooms were neat and orderly with an exceptionally clean bathroom area. We stayed in the back of the hotel, which was essentially noise free all night.

There is a restaurant on this property that specializes in breakfast, and are especially proud of their pancakes. The service was great and the food was fair, but overall a satisfactory place to eat. I would recommend this hotel, and do plan on staying there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
mariannscotts, Manager at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Thank you for the nice comment. We look forward to seeing you in the summer.
Terre Haute, Ind
Reviewed September 7, 2009

This seemed like it might be a nice place but there were some unpleasant suprises. After settling in, I decided to sit at a table and had to move a floor lamp, but it literally fell apart in my hands. After calling the office the clerk brought another one. She was going to leave the old one in the room taking up space, until I couldn't find anyplace to put it so she reluctantly took it out. There was a family reunion going on with noisy kids just outside my door and in the pool area, with loud music in the pool. At 11:15 I complained and mgt turned off the music. In going to bed, my bedding had a stale, unpleasant smell, so I had them change the bedding about 11:45. Just after that, I saw a spider on the wall right next to my bed and I killed it. I got woke up about 3 times in the middle of the night by a weird little electric sound, which was not really an alarm sound. Originally I thought it came from the phone, but later I decided it came from the sunbeam clock radio. In telling this to the clerk next day, she said she had stayed in a room and knew what I was talking about. I wonder why she didn't make any effort to get the problem corrected for her customers. The road noise from the super highway bled into my room and was disturbing. After writing up all my complaints the next day, they gave me a free pass for a future stay, but I don't think I would ever be brave enought to take them up on their offer. This motel is dated and needs some modernization.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank indy553
We're sorry for your bad experience. All of the issues in your comments has been addressed. We thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you'll give us another opportunity in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Scottsburg hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsburg
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg
#6 of 10 in Seymour
Best Way Inn
Best Way Inn
#7 of 7 in Madison

Been to Mariann Travel Inn? Share your experiences!