See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2018

Arrived at about 6 without a reservation. Couldn't pay with credit card as their machine was down - - - the reason - no Internet so that meant no Internet for us in our room either.
The room was pretty crappy without many amenities - one small bar of soap, two plastic cups and a broken coffee maker that was a fire hazard (lid was broken so the water/coffee came spilling out all over the counter while I was in the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom - tile dirty and crappy looking, bathtub dirty enough that I did not want to stand in it as I had a cut on my foot and didn't want to chance an infection for a less than appealing tub floor. Room smelled like someone had been smoking in it in the past - stale and stuffy old cigarette odor. Wires for tv exposed on wall, raining outside and carpet by door seemed to be wet - tiptoed around when I had taken my shoes off as carpet seemed moist in areas, bath mat was stained with some big black mark - made me wonder if it had even been washed (it was flung on the back of the toilet tank when we arrived, breakfast was a complete joke. OJ, coffee, and about a dozen mini donuts and some plain white bread - only margarine for it - that's it. No fruit, no yogurt, no bagels and cream cheese, no other types of juice. Bare bones is putting it mildly. The whole place looks decent from the outside, but if we had arrived in the light of day and were not so tired, I would have asked to see the room first and we would have walked.....Only good thing? $55 with tax. BTW - the kid working the desk recommended a local restaurant called The Roadhouse (not the Texas Roadhouse chain) which he said had really good food. 2 glasses of wine, one burger (no accompaniment other than a pickle), and a one layer club sandwich (no side) - about $30 but I was really glad I didn't order a $20 steak as the "juicy" burger was not- waitress asked how I would like it cooked. Me - Medium....not. It came cooked well done and dry as a bone. Thank God for ketchup and wine.

Room tip: In another motel
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2018

We stayed here over night en route to Nashville. On the positive side: the location off I-65 is good, room rates cheap, room was clean, bed was comfortable, staff friendly. On the negative side: rooms show wear and tear, furniture old, lavatory cracked, wi-fi did not work, and TV had limited channels and only Fox News. "Breakfast" was limited to say the least; we skipped it. Would not stay here again

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Well...what do you expect to get for $52.09 a night?! Bed was adequate, hot water for the shower. That’s all I needed. I won’t go into details about the black mold on the caulk around the tub; or how I had to get my room key “re-keyed” 3 times. But, afterall it was $52.09 a night.

If you’re looking for more...this ain’t your hotel. Go down the road to the Hotel that starts with a H.

Continental Breakfast doesn’t exist. Coffee at the check in desk was weak. Did I mentioned it cost only $52.09 a night?

Pool was in working order and appeared to be clean, as it had no odor and the water was clear.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Highly disappointed. Room filthy and room literally stunk when you walked in the door. Bathroom needed a lot of repair. Will not stay anymore. It was a pet room but they obviously did not use the extra money they charge for pets to clean the room properly.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Our daughter has lived in Scottsburg for 5 years and we have always stayed here when we visit. The place has always been a little dive, but for the price and just a place to sleep, it has worked. NO MORE!
The towels looked like someone used them to scrub the floors, they were grey, borderline black. I guess the owners haven't heard about this new cleaning product called bleach. The room stunk of cigarettes masked with......... I don't know what!

Goodbye Marianne!!!!!! Bye Felicia!!

Room tip: Find another hotel
Date of stay: March 2018