“I'd stay again..”

Mariann Travel Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Scottsburg
“I'd stay again..”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I can see why this place has good reviews....I trust trip advisor reviews and some times they have let me down, but not this time. Ok let me get down to the specifics. The service is probably some of the friendliest you'll come across and the king size bed I slept in was really really comfortable...The reason I didn't give and excellent is because the room did smell a little stale and the carpet could use some cleaning. I would still stay again though.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NateB4
Jim J, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
NateB4 - Thank you for your comments about our Mariann Travel Inn in Scottsburg IN. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was part of a several day trip through Indiana and Kentucky. Due to a large convention in Louisville at this time, I was told the hotels I usually stay in were either booked or had blocked the rooms for that particular venue. I booked a room at this hotel at the last minute and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was very nice and comfortable. The location was close enough to Louisville to be easily accessible and being near the interstate, it was an easy twenty five minute drive to downtown from there. The room was very nice and came with a king sized bed. It was very clean and comfortable. I had a room facing the interstate and even though I could see the traffic, noise was not a factor at all. They served a continental breakfast which my overall impression of was okay. There was no place to really sit and eat it there but the selection was very good. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. This is not part of a national chain so if you are concerned about gaining points for a particular brand, this isn't the place to stay. If you looking for a nice hotel that offers good value and service, this is the place to stay. There are many good restaurants in the area (some with delivery) so going out for dinner was an easy thing after a long day. If you need to be in this area, I would recommend this place. The area of southern Indiana is fascinating area with lots of attractions too. Not sure if they offered a fitness room of any kind but typically I only use those on extended business trips so it wasn't a factor. Overall this was a good choice for me. I would stay there again on my next trip through this area.

Room Tip: Ground floor and away from the interstate would be my choice even though the noise from the highway...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken N
Jim J, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Ken N. - Thank you for your nice comments about our Mariann Travel Inn in Scottsburg IN. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The PM staff were incredible. Rooms were booked all over due to basketball with jacked up prices. We pd $ 59.99 and the staff went out of their way to accommodate my husband who is handicapped. Kudos to you guys! Rooms were spotless and enjoyable. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kcoss
Jim J, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Kcoss - Thank you for your excellent rating of our Mariann Travel Inn in Scottsburg IN. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I just cant believe these good reviews.This is honestly what happened to us.Driving from Tarpon springs,we made it to Scottsburg on the way back to WI.I said to my wife we should give the mom and pop Mariann a try.Well I was wrong again.Booked the room and almost got knocked over by the smoke smell.We went back to change our room and found the next room with a big old mushy soap spot on the tub,from last person staying there,never even wiped...eeeewww.Next hair all over the sink.That was it, we got our money back and left and my wife was right again.Just being honest.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott A
Jim J, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Scott A. - We apologize for your bad experience at our Mariann Travel Inn. As hard as we try occasionally we screw up. On the smoking smell the state of IN made all motels and hotels become smoke-free and it's been difficult to remove the smoke smell that have accumulated over many years from some of the rooms. Our front desk should have told you that some of our rooms had been smoking rooms in the past and put you in a non-smoking room assuming one was available.

On the cleaning issue there is no excuse and your comments have been forwarded to our manager and head of housekeeping for review.

We hope you'll give us another chance in the future. Our Trip Advisor ratings is something that we are very proud of and we work hard to maintain the top rating in Scottsburg.

Travelers are raving about these Scottsburg hotels

Celina
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The king bed was comfortable. The room was clean, had a flat screen TV & there is free WiFi. Front desk lady was friendly & helpful. Permanent bath mat in the tub. The complimentary breakfast included juice, coffee, Krispy Kreme doughnuts, fruit, breads, oatmeal. What is really needed are tables & chairs to sit down for breakfast instead of four covered chairs & a coffee table. Would stay here again. Two floors, no elevator.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jim J, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Rosemary - Thank you for your nice review of our Mariann Travel Inn in Scottsburg IN. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Reviewed November 23, 2013

A very nice surprise! Have stayed in other hotels in Scottsburg, and this property is the best by far. Stayed for 2 nights. Very friendly and welcoming staff. The rooms are quite spacious with lots of room to relax and chill out. The rooms are very clean, fresh, and well taken care of. Easy access to interstate and restaurants. The breakfast is continental and nothing big here. Though not a brand name property, this is an excellent place to stay and a great value for your money. Will definitely stay here the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: King rooms. Higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Duane G
Jim J, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
MORunner76 - We appreciate your excellent comments about our Mariann Travel Inn in Scottsburg IN. We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again when you're passing through.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very nice place to stay after a long day of driving, quick hassle free check in, very friendly lady at the front desk even tho I checked in at midnight with no reservation. The place is a little dated but very clean. Will come back any time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Jim J, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Roberto A - Thank you for giving us excellent feedback on our Mariann Travel Inn in Scottsburg IN. We appreciate your review and your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsburg
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
#4 of 7 in Madison
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 10 in Seymour

Been to Mariann Travel Inn? Share your experiences!