“Yummy food!”

Round the Clock
Ranked #14 of 98 Restaurants in Schererville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Venice, Italy
“Yummy food!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

It was late and my friends and I were kind of hungry after a football game. One of my friends suggested that we go to this place since it's open 24/7. There were six of us and we tried different things, from appetizers, to shakes and cakes. I had a lemon rice soup and it was very good. I also tried the chocolate shake and the cheesecake and they were both good too. A nice thing is that fresh bread is free of charge! The service is fast and the servers are nice: I would definitely recommend it!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank teen_traveler_usa

Crown Point, Indiana
“Worst dining experience of my life”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I participate in a local drama group who puts on a production every spring. Our stage is close to the Round the Clock so for the past 6 years we've always gone to Round the Clock after our performances because they have a large room in the back perfect for holding all of us. We've always loved going here, even though the food is always just 'eh'. It's got a great atmosphere and every server has been able to handle all 30 or so of us wonderfully. We will NEVER come here again, however.

First off, we arrived around 10:30 at night and they seated us right at our usual table. Our waitress was very kind and took our orders. Everything seemed to be going fine. Now we are not a rowdy group of kids. We weren't making a mess or being extremely loud (of course, it was a little loud because there were so many people). An older woman comes over and SCREAMS at us 'YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A TIP!" and then walks away. We had no idea who this woman was. We thought maybe it was someone's grandma. Turns out, this was the manager of the restaurant! How unbelievably rude. We hadn't even gotten our food yet. We were, of course, going to leave a hefty tip for our waitress because there were so many of us.

So we finish our meal and, as you can imagine, there is a long line for check out since we all have separate checks. Unfortunately the line made its way out into the isles of tables. A waitress is walking back and forth taking orders, giving us dirty looks. Telling us to 'move aside please' in a very rude tone. She started walking back and forth in a different path to be able to go around us without inconvenience. She then goes over to a busgirl and tells her loud enough for us to hear 'This sucks, I'm having to walk around these people cause they won't sit down' She then proceeds to continue squeezing past us to get to her tables instead of walking the extra five feet to go around. She then tells us 'You people need to sit down, you're in my way!' We explained to her that we were waiting to pay for our meal and she refused to look us in the eye and walked away. We were obviously getting pretty ticked off now.

Third, the rude old lady manager comes over and tells us this in the rudest tone of voice, 'You either need to take a seat or get out. You can't just stand here' then she walks away. WHAT?!?!?! Now we're shocked. We told her as she ran away 'We're trying to pay!"

Fourth, as we finally make our way to the cash register, she is standing there over the check out boy's shoulder making sure that we all leave a tip.

Fifth, (here's the worst kicker) Our producer gets fries that are still cold in the middle. She calls the manager over and asks for new ones. The manager says to her face (in front of kids) 'Oh i'm gonna kill those jack-offs in the kitchen' Absolutely unacceptable.

We have given these people thousands of dollars over the years. I understand that it was a weekend night and there were a lot of us and so it is stressful. You do NOT, under any circumstances, treat customers as we were treated that night. Even if the customers are rude and hateful. We were not rowdy, we were not loud, we did not make a huge mess, we did not cause trouble, we did not NOT leave a tip, we stood as far out of the way as we could while we were waiting to pay our check. We were the best customers we could be and we were treated like dirt. By the manager no less.

This place won the Times best family restaurant of the region. I don't know how this title could be stripped but i wish it would. PLEASE DON"T EVER GO HERE. I have never felt so offended and quite honestly, hurt over a dining experience. The majority of the staff obviously needs to be fired, ESPECIALLY the manager.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Nic P
“Don't waste you money.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Spinach pie dough tasted old and stale, ribeye poor cut of meat and thin, pierogi's not a good buy. For 35 dollars I couldn't get a free scoop of ice cream for my second child. Do not go to Jonny's round the clock

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Reck1
Saint John, Indiana
“Great Food, Great Bargain”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The food at this restaurant is very good and very bountiful. Wait staff are very friendly. We order off the senior menu and the price is 7.99 for soup or salad, main entree, potato, vegetable, drink and dessert included. It is all delicious. The rolls are large,freshly baked and warm. It's a great bargain for 7.99. And get a load of this, if you eat between 2-5 pm you get a senior discount! Unreal. It's great food and a great bargain.

• Visited November 2012
Chicago
1,314 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,188 helpful votes
“Great food & great value”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here. She ordered the scrod fillet. I ordered the grilled liver. Both were very good. The meal comes with soup or salad, a vegetable, a choice of potato, dinner rolls, and a dessert. Great value.

• Visited September 2012