“Always great Mexican food”

Jalapenos' The Hottest Mexican
Ranked #43 of 101 Restaurants in Schererville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Fabulous shrimp fajitas, huge shrimp. Great tasting veggies. Rice is very good. We had the pork nachos too and they were great.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had a Groupon for this place, so we decided to give it a try. Never was excited about ANY chain restaurants, but what the heck. I ordered a combo, chile relleno, cheese enchilada, and a pork taco. What was delivered was a soupy mess. Couldn't tell where the chile or the enchilada were located on the plate. Taco was also soup. Others in our party complained that the steak dishes they ordered were just tasteless, no seasonings at all. The menu is sooooo extensive, you need to come in an hour early just to wade through it, so you know everything's pre-prepared and frozen, just waiting to see Chef Mic. The waiter never came back to check on us, except once, seconds after the food was delivered, so we hadn't even tasted it. He never came back to see if we wanted dessert, or could get us anything else, just dropped the check off. He said adios, and we said adios for good. There's a LOT better food out there, but I doubt anything at this place is any better than the dreck we were served. I'd skip it if I were you.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I don't think this place has excellent food but if you are starving it will suffice. It just seems like the place is fizzling out. I do like a few things they have on the menu: guac, hand-shaken margarita and steak fundido. We eat here maybe once a year and only because my mom will ask me to take her there.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

You would not believe it if you looked around. The restaurant was full of NW Indiana residence that enjoy quantity over quality. There was nothing that we touched that it could have deemed passable. Typically some aspect of this type of restaurant is home made, like the salsa or chips. Not here. The biggest insult came from the Fajita itself. A heap of kitchen sink remnants with irregularly cut vegetables and the toughest "mystery" meat that I could ever chew. I am a chef and could not decipher which part of the animal the meat came from. Most reputable Mexican restaurants would utilize a cut called "skirt steak" and cook it to your liking [medium, medium-rare etc]. Not this restaurant. These cuts were leftover from various part of the animal [se pic] Service is made of servers turned "order takers". The greeting was simply " can I get you a drink? " without a smile. In fact it ius hard to assess if anyone is enjoying working here.
I live 2 miles from the restaurant. Might as well be in Alaska as I will never go back

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We would not recommend this place to anyone.TacoBell would be a better option. when we looked inside the seating area half of the tabes was empty. we saw the wait staff use a dirty rag to wipe table after table off with out puting the rag in any type of water. Food was wiped on the floor and people were sat at the table with the floor full of old food. It to almost an hour to get our food, The food was not that great. A wasted night at a place with very rude hostess and wait staff.