“Incredible Food!”

Jalapenos' The Hottest Mexican
Ranked #44 of 103 Restaurants in Schererville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was our first time here and we had probably the best mexican food we've ever had. I had the shrimp enchiladas, a newer menu item and it was a little spicy but so incredible flavorful, I've never had anything so good. Plenty of very large shrimp and delicious. My husband had a steak dish which was also good but have a feeling he'll be trying the shrimp enchiladas too. Also great margaritas and sangrias. Would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Requeste to switch tables from a waiter (table to a booth), we were told we could move. As soon as we sat down a rude waiter came by and said we shouldn't have done that and basically scolded us for requesting to move. Had a groupon and he was very rude with explaining the information. Wanted seperate checks and he threw a fit, decided to request new waiter after placing order, come to find out our previous waiter was so rude he never even put our food order in. To add insult to injury, upon leaving as soon as I got to the door I realized I left my to go box on the table and hurried to return, tried to stop the waiter from tossing it but he looked right at me and threw it away. Manager was of no assistance when I told him this, all he said was sorry we can't do anything now.

****I STRONGLY ADVISE ANY AND EVERYONE to go just 2 minutes away to La Carretas Restaurant. BETTER FOOD. BETTER SERVICE. QUALITY ESTABLISHMENT. ******

I am highly dissapointed in this establishment. Waiters expect tips so they do not provide quality service because they think they will get it anyways since its usually crowded (not for the food but for the cheap watered down drinks).

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I like the food and the atmosphere of this place. The food and beer are always good. Outside seating is nice too.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have been a frequent visitor to Jalapeno's over the last 10 - 12 years. For quite a while, the service and food were both very good. Ownership changed hands (I believe the folks that used to own Woodhollow Loft) now own Jalapeno's and the service, food presentation, etc. has deteriorated rapidly. The last several times I have gone there, the service has been terrible. I figured I would try back again since I have enjoyed the restaurant for years. But, this is definitely a restaurant that is poorly run from a management perspective and has little regard for customer service. My recent experience is a perfect example.

I went into Jalapeno's with my girlfriend and 3 kids. We sat down and it took quite a while for someone to wait on us. They brought chips and salsa right away, but our waiter was missing in action. Finally, he came by and got our drink orders. It took a long time to get our drinks and when he did deliver them, he immediately left without taking our food order. Once the food order was taken, we waited, waited, and, yes, waited. We repeatedly asked the waiter what was going on with our order. First, he came out and said he could give the adults their food, but the kids food was not ready. 15 min later, it was that the other food was still not ready. 20 min later it was that our food was given to another table. Another 20 min and the waiter came up and said our food was still not ready and that he doesn't know what is going on in the kitchen. He said it appeared our food was again given to another table (who knew that every table was ordering the same 5 meals). He went to talk to a woman who I assume to be the manager and she just threw up her hands and said she didn't want to deal with it (probably frustrated because the table next to us was complaining about something). So, we waited 75 minutes and finally walked out of the restaurant. It was an unbelievably bad experience. And, as I said, I have seen a serious decline in service, quality of food, and overall presentation for some time now. So, Jalapeno's has finally achieved what I was trying to prevent - which is that I won't go there again. At least not until the restaurant is sold to new ownership / management team. There are so many other Mexican restaurants that have opened since Jalapeno's opening that do still offer good food, good price, and great service. I would suggest avoiding Jalapeno's.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We had a great experience at Jalapenos'! We sat outside in a great atmosphere and had wonderful food and service. Huge portions also. We will go back whenever in town!!