“Construction mess”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Schererville
Streamwood, Illinois
“Construction mess”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This place was terrible. We went here for a wedding and they were doing contruction (that was supposed to be done the week prior) and they were working in the lobby when we got there and didnt even bother to stop and covered us in dry wall. The smell of dust and drywall was so strong we had to open our window and we still couldn't breathe. OUr TV did not work, we had no tissues or toilet paper and we had to go across the street to the holiday inn for breakfast!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.....
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MRDSchererville_IN, General Manager at Comfort Inn Schererville, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We are sincerely sorry if the renovation conditions were a disappointment. I sincerely apologize for the thoughtless behavior by the contractor. The renovation of our hotel is now over and we are better than ever. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Despite your disappointment, we do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention. Please contact me directly so that I may address this personally.
Best Regards,
Ed Mamrila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Midway, Arkansas
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I absouletly loved the King whirlpool suite. I had a few issues with the tv and the professional Desk Attendendant (Branden) moved me to a new room and assured I was comfortable.

He is a intriguing, friendly person that made my stay memorable with his quick smile and inrteresting stories. I felt appreciated and it may my stay fun!

Thank you for a good stay!

Room Tip: The only drawback is that there is not a pool at ths location. Ask for a room on the first floor ne...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the great review! Branden is a great employee. I am so happy he made your stay memorable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Calumet City, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We had been misplaced from our home due to a flood and needed last minute shelter at 2 in the morning....everything went smoothly with check in, my family and I were accommodated very well and the early morning/ night staff were excellent!! Nice, comfortable, peaceful, clean stay and they even set it up where we received an extra day to stay no charge because of our situation. It was a beautiful experience and great team work ...keep up the good work guys! Happy customer I recommend this place highly :)

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Kelly32084
MRDSchererville_IN, General Manager at Comfort Inn Schererville, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel.
We are very happy you found our hotel to be comfortable, peaceful and clean. I will let our staff know what a great job they've done.Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.
Beach Park, Illinois
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The room was very good. The only problem, which was reported to the desk, was that the A/C sounded as if it was going to come out of the wall. We were not able to use it, but the weather was nice enough without it.
Thanks
Alan MacDougall

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MRDSchererville_IN, General Manager at Comfort Inn Schererville, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Mr. MacDougall,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have rectified the issue in that room and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.
We hope to see you again some day.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I don't usually do these and you can tell since this is my first. Everything was going well with my trip. The breakfast tasted fine, the person who checked me in was polite, and so on. However, the last impression a hotel leaves is the check out process, but mine here was a mess. When I initially came to the desk to do so, there was no one there, despite hearing two girls or women laughing together in the back. I'm not one of those people to yell for help, so I decided I would eat breakfast and then try again. After eating some eggs and a yogurt, I tried again...no dice. This time there was some type of hilarious event that happened further away yet close enough where I could hear it. Then I figured I'd just go get my bags and do it. When I got back downstairs, a woman was sitting down and drinking coffee or tea. She looked at me for a good 3 seconds and didn't say a word. Finally I said "can I check out?" She looked at me and said "yeah, go ahead." She never even offered to give me a receipt. She never even told me to have a good day or thank me for my business or anything. After, I got another yogurt, and she DID IT TO SOMEONE ELSE. That is bad business. Comfort Inn management- DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. PEOPLE WILL STOP COMING. So to Brian when I checked in, to Lauri (I think that was her name?) at breakfast, to my housekeeper- thank you for everything. To whoever you are with the beverage- you might want to consider another industry. My wife works in hotels and she'd never be caught dead sitting down and not handling a guest face to face, even when it's as simple as saying good bye.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank PatrickK47
Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are glad you mentioned your check in experience and the quality of our breakfast. I am sorry you received service at check out that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target any problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.
Please contact me directly so that I may address this personally.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family and I had to find emergency lodging right away. I was able to book a room here immediately through Hotels.com. Once we arrived, Lauren at the front desk was very welcoming and helpful. We needed a crib and a roll away bed. She went over and beyond in getting it set up for us. Our hotel room was clean and comfortable. This hotel is very nicely maintained. Our room had a microwave, refrigerator and safe box, which is always nice. The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly good. The managers Denise and Ed were wonderful to us. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel.
I am always very happy when a guest contacts us about the helpful service they have received.
I will let Lauren and Denise know what a great job they've done, and also ensure they are recognized for her efforts.
Once again, thank you for taking time to for feedback. I value you as our guest and hope to have you as a customer again very soon.

Indianapolis
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had to make a last-minute stay because a family member had been hospitalized, and the local hotel I usually stay at was full. I called Comfort Inn and they could not have been more understanding and cooperative, even though I wasn't sure when I could arrive. When I did get there, check-in was fast and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable and the hotel was quiet. This is now my first choice when I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate all of your kind comments. Thank you so much choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon. We look forward to seeing you agian on your next stay.

Ed Mamrila
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schererville
Hampton Inn & Suites Schererville
Staybridge Suites Schererville
#3 of 6 in Schererville
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster

Been to Comfort Inn Schererville? Share your experiences!