“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Schererville
Calumet City, Illinois
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We had been misplaced from our home due to a flood and needed last minute shelter at 2 in the morning....everything went smoothly with check in, my family and I were accommodated very well and the early morning/ night staff were excellent!! Nice, comfortable, peaceful, clean stay and they even set it up where we received an extra day to stay no charge because of our situation. It was a beautiful experience and great team work ...keep up the good work guys! Happy customer I recommend this place highly :)

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Kelly32084
MRDSchererville_IN, General Manager at Comfort Inn Schererville, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel.
We are very happy you found our hotel to be comfortable, peaceful and clean. I will let our staff know what a great job they've done.Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.
Ed Mamrila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Beach Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The room was very good. The only problem, which was reported to the desk, was that the A/C sounded as if it was going to come out of the wall. We were not able to use it, but the weather was nice enough without it.
Thanks
Alan MacDougall

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MRDSchererville_IN, General Manager at Comfort Inn Schererville, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Mr. MacDougall,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have rectified the issue in that room and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.
We hope to see you again some day.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I don't usually do these and you can tell since this is my first. Everything was going well with my trip. The breakfast tasted fine, the person who checked me in was polite, and so on. However, the last impression a hotel leaves is the check out process, but mine here was a mess. When I initially came to the desk to do so, there was no one there, despite hearing two girls or women laughing together in the back. I'm not one of those people to yell for help, so I decided I would eat breakfast and then try again. After eating some eggs and a yogurt, I tried again...no dice. This time there was some type of hilarious event that happened further away yet close enough where I could hear it. Then I figured I'd just go get my bags and do it. When I got back downstairs, a woman was sitting down and drinking coffee or tea. She looked at me for a good 3 seconds and didn't say a word. Finally I said "can I check out?" She looked at me and said "yeah, go ahead." She never even offered to give me a receipt. She never even told me to have a good day or thank me for my business or anything. After, I got another yogurt, and she DID IT TO SOMEONE ELSE. That is bad business. Comfort Inn management- DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. PEOPLE WILL STOP COMING. So to Brian when I checked in, to Lauri (I think that was her name?) at breakfast, to my housekeeper- thank you for everything. To whoever you are with the beverage- you might want to consider another industry. My wife works in hotels and she'd never be caught dead sitting down and not handling a guest face to face, even when it's as simple as saying good bye.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank PatrickK47
Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are glad you mentioned your check in experience and the quality of our breakfast. I am sorry you received service at check out that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target any problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.
Please contact me directly so that I may address this personally.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family and I had to find emergency lodging right away. I was able to book a room here immediately through Hotels.com. Once we arrived, Lauren at the front desk was very welcoming and helpful. We needed a crib and a roll away bed. She went over and beyond in getting it set up for us. Our hotel room was clean and comfortable. This hotel is very nicely maintained. Our room had a microwave, refrigerator and safe box, which is always nice. The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly good. The managers Denise and Ed were wonderful to us. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel.
I am always very happy when a guest contacts us about the helpful service they have received.
I will let Lauren and Denise know what a great job they've done, and also ensure they are recognized for her efforts.
Once again, thank you for taking time to for feedback. I value you as our guest and hope to have you as a customer again very soon.

Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had to make a last-minute stay because a family member had been hospitalized, and the local hotel I usually stay at was full. I called Comfort Inn and they could not have been more understanding and cooperative, even though I wasn't sure when I could arrive. When I did get there, check-in was fast and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable and the hotel was quiet. This is now my first choice when I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate all of your kind comments. Thank you so much choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon. We look forward to seeing you agian on your next stay.

Carmel, Indiana, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Comfortable room, friendly and efficient staff, great breakfast, complimentary periodicals. The facility was very quiet. There is nearby economical dining. The workout room was a very welcome addition. All in all, a nice stay, with good value for the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MRDSchererville_IN, General Manager at Comfort Inn Schererville, responded to this review, December 31, 2012

Fairview, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Comfort Inn in Schererville, IN, is wonderful. My husband stayed at this facility while working out of town from August, 2012, through December, 2012. We can't say enough positive things about this facility. It is clean and well-maintained and smells clean The staff is excellent, very personable, and helpful The parking lot is well-lit and maintained. Security is excellent. The early morning hot breakfast is excellent, and my husband very much enjoyed it. While not a large facility, it was a perfect place for my husband to stay. It is two blocks west of the intersection of 30 and 41, so it is very convenient. We give this particular Comfort Inn a 5-star rating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the great review! Your comments are greatly appreciated. I am so happy you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again for your support and we sure hope to see you again sooner than later.

Sincerely
Ed Mamrila
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schererville
Hampton Inn & Suites Schererville
#3 of 6 in Schererville
Holiday Inn Express Schereville North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster

Been to Comfort Inn Schererville? Share your experiences!