“over night stay”

Best Western Crossroads Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Schererville
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hotel was clean, the staff made you feel welcome. Rates were a lot less than other near by hotels. Breakfast was good. would stay there again. Easy to get to for what we were interested in going to see. Cloce to family that lives in area..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Hotel was clean and neat, as was our room. Staff were pleasant, but that was after they messed up our reservation. Breakfast was good. Bed was very comfortable. There is only 1 ice machine--on the first floor. It worked, but was not convenient.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were there for a funeral and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to provide great customer service. We had several elderly people with our group and the staff was very helpful with their check-in and check-out procedures (these people don't stay in hotels very often).

Thank Christopher C. S
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Other than being a little hard to see from road, I found the hotel and staff very pleasant. The rooms where nice, everyone was friendly and the breakfast was much better than I expected for the price of the rooms. There were 6 adults total in our group, and no one had any complaints.

1  Thank Virginia R
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was very pleased. Extremely comfy beds. flat screen tv. air condition. it was a last minute stop and with babies. they had a crib or pack n play to choose from which was great. also it was extremely clean! RECOMENDED!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

After I was told there was not a first floor room available as reserved, one was 'found' after I said I could not climb the stairs. There were very wet spots on the carpeting in the room. When these spots were reported, I was told 'sorry' and that was it. While wet areas in the room would not have normally been a huge problem, the fact they blotted up yellow when I put down a towel was a problem. Perhaps, it all had something to do with the toilet being extremely loose and pulling away from the wall when used. I have not had a problem with this hotel in the past, so this experience was a surprise. I did 'work around' the difficulties, but would have liked more than a 'sorry' when the wet carpeting was reported.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was very disappointed in this hotel for the price. I wanted to avoid a Motel 6 experience, but that is pretty much what I got. As soon as I entered the room, it reeked of cigarette smoke. It is supposedly a non-smoking building. There were cigarette stains on the tables. I literally couldn't breathe, and I had a hard time sleeping because my lungs hurt so badly.

The front desk's response: they wouldn't charge me their $250 cleaning fee since I wasn't the one smoking (gee thanks), and gave me a bottle of febreeze. Wow, really?

This hotel appears nice at first, but at closer inspection is dirty. The sheets were badly stained, there was hair in the sink, and the windows were difficult to open (so I could breathe).

Also, when I went to check in, there was a creepy guy sitting in the lobby. He was still there when I went back to discuss the room's smell and get a new remote control for the tv (the volume and power buttons didn't work). I can only assume it was the front desk clerk's boyfriend. I find this very unprofessional and off-putting.

The bathroom by the lobby has a toilet that is not bolted to the floor, so be careful if you use it.

The breakfast was fine, and there were newspapers and plenty of tvs. So that was good. And I could breathe in the lobby.

Also, the front desk told us to park in the back to be closer to our room, which ended up not being true. The lighting in the back is inadequate.

Also, there is no elevator in this hotel. I didn't need it, but if you have a stroller, wheelchair, or some other reason to use one, then you are out of luck.

Overall, this was a horrible experience. I didn't rate it one star because I have been in worse hotels in third world countries.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schererville
Hampton Inn & Suites Schererville
Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn
Quality Inn Merrillville
Quality Inn Merrillville
#7 of 22 in Merrillville

Been to Best Western Crossroads Inn? Share your experiences!