“Best Western Schererville, IN”

Best Western Crossroads Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Schererville
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Other than being a little hard to see from road, I found the hotel and staff very pleasant. The rooms where nice, everyone was friendly and the breakfast was much better than I expected for the price of the rooms. There were 6 adults total in our group, and no one had any complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Virginia R

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was very pleased. Extremely comfy beds. flat screen tv. air condition. it was a last minute stop and with babies. they had a crib or pack n play to choose from which was great. also it was extremely clean! RECOMENDED!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

After I was told there was not a first floor room available as reserved, one was 'found' after I said I could not climb the stairs. There were very wet spots on the carpeting in the room. When these spots were reported, I was told 'sorry' and that was it. While wet areas in the room would not have normally been a huge problem, the fact they blotted up yellow when I put down a towel was a problem. Perhaps, it all had something to do with the toilet being extremely loose and pulling away from the wall when used. I have not had a problem with this hotel in the past, so this experience was a surprise. I did 'work around' the difficulties, but would have liked more than a 'sorry' when the wet carpeting was reported.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was very disappointed in this hotel for the price. I wanted to avoid a Motel 6 experience, but that is pretty much what I got. As soon as I entered the room, it reeked of cigarette smoke. It is supposedly a non-smoking building. There were cigarette stains on the tables. I literally couldn't breathe, and I had a hard time sleeping because my lungs hurt so badly.

The front desk's response: they wouldn't charge me their $250 cleaning fee since I wasn't the one smoking (gee thanks), and gave me a bottle of febreeze. Wow, really?

This hotel appears nice at first, but at closer inspection is dirty. The sheets were badly stained, there was hair in the sink, and the windows were difficult to open (so I could breathe).

Also, when I went to check in, there was a creepy guy sitting in the lobby. He was still there when I went back to discuss the room's smell and get a new remote control for the tv (the volume and power buttons didn't work). I can only assume it was the front desk clerk's boyfriend. I find this very unprofessional and off-putting.

The bathroom by the lobby has a toilet that is not bolted to the floor, so be careful if you use it.

The breakfast was fine, and there were newspapers and plenty of tvs. So that was good. And I could breathe in the lobby.

Also, the front desk told us to park in the back to be closer to our room, which ended up not being true. The lighting in the back is inadequate.

Also, there is no elevator in this hotel. I didn't need it, but if you have a stroller, wheelchair, or some other reason to use one, then you are out of luck.

Overall, this was a horrible experience. I didn't rate it one star because I have been in worse hotels in third world countries.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Extra nice staff. Quick check in and nice rooms. The room could use a little better lighting and the only other thing missing is an elevator. Overall, great stay. Free breakfast and excellent location!! Will come back! Thanks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2013

A recent sojourn to Highland Indiana made this motor hotel a good deal for my short stay. The staff was helpful, my single room large and comfortable, and the breakfast-coffee area had alot of choices, so no need to go out for breakfast or leave for a good cup of coffee. Location is a mixed bag because 1) they are set back off the highway and not easily visible for finding BUT quiet for good R&R.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank margaret b
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotels a nice place they have a nice staff the only thing that just totally grosses me out is there comforters they are grosse cigarette burns everywhere im in a smoke free room if that its faded and stained up compared to the picture online of the bed spread looks nothing like the picture clean wise you would be greatly disappointed to me the bed in a hotel is very important I dont get why they wouldent buy new ones but dont get me wrong the stay was great everything else was clean besides the comforters!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank soccermom0513
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schererville
Hampton Inn & Suites Schererville
Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30
Hampton Inn Merrillville
Hampton Inn Merrillville
#2 of 22 in Merrillville

Been to Best Western Crossroads Inn? Share your experiences!