“Great Stay”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Schererville
Palm City, Florida
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We visited family in Northwest Indiana and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Schererville, IN. Our one week stay was very busy trying to see everybody and do the things on our list. The one thing we didn't have to worry about was our hotel. Being from the area we know a lot of people and to find out that the Manager of the hotel was the caterer at our wedding 20 years earlier was a nice surprise. As can be expected the staff that he has surrounded himself with was excellent and very accommodating in making our stay relaxing. We will stay at this hotel when we next visit the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Anthony L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Schereville North, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property! We are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay and you felt comfortable knowing you didn't have to worry about anything regarding your accomodations when you stayed with us. Ed is as great a hotel manager as I'm sure he was a caterer! Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Due to a funeral we had to fly up to this location and there are not many DECENT hotels in Schererville, In. At the time the hotel was booked but I was able to get a room and it was a very nice location and the room was great. As a former Hyatt Regency Manager the standards of this hotel was up to Hyatt's standards which was shocking.

The room was great, the breakfast in the morning was very nice and the lounge area that can be used all day was extremely comfortable to meet people and chat.

The staff was very professional plus they have a indoor pool which I used a few times and the outdoor patio was very relaxing.

Room Tip: Not much in Schererville so this is your choice. I would stay away from anything In Merrillville pl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ed_Schererville_IN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Schereville North, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments. As a former hospitality manager, your remarks mean even more to us. We take great pride in being a professional team offering a clean and friendly atmosphere. We hope to see you again under more pleasant circumstances.
Chicago
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I am a frequent visitor of Holiday Inn properties. This was a getaway for 3 year old grandson it was his birthday and he wanted to go on vacation. The room was comfortable for the both of us, lighting in the room was great which is important. We had a microwave & refrigerator. He enjoyed the pool it had a little too much chlorine for me. Restaurants & Walmart are in walking distance. Overall he told me this was the best day ever, so it was a great trip for us!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ed_Schererville_IN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Schereville North, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
We are so glad your 3 year old grandson thought that his birthday stay was his best day ever. Thank you so much for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Monroe
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed here many times and the staff is so friendly and the rooms are clean. The bed is very comfortable. We try and book here on business trips. The lady that prepares breakfast even recognized me after not seeing me for a while which was very nice! I do love those cinnamon rolls too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ed_Schererville_IN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Schereville North, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We take pride in providing a clean and friendly experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Warm regards,
Monticello, Illinois
Reviewed January 27, 2014

In general, I'm happy with HIE hotels--the locations are usually safe, the accommodations clean, and the free breakfast is substantial enough to get us out the door quickly. The Holiday Inn Express in Schererville had pool noodles and other pool toys available for guest use, which was a nice surprise. The night we were there a lot of families were in town for a sporting event. The hotel staff did a nice job of keeping the pool towels stocked. Even though there was a winter storm outside, the pool was very warm, and the hot tub was an added bonus.

We were given warm, fresh baked cookies by the front desk staff. Hot cocoa packets were available in the breakfast room, even though it was evening. After fun in the pool, I used in the in-room coffee pot to heat water and we warmed up with hot chocolate. The kids thought that was the best thing ever! That alone gave this hotel five stars in their minds.

The room was clean and comfortable. Nice shelf storage in the bathroom, quality bedding, and the sitting chair and ottoman gave us the extra seating we needed so we didn't have to use the beds as chairs. The refrigerator was an ample size as well.

At check in, I was asked to sign a paper on their quiet policy. While I found it a bit unusual, I am glad they set the expectation of quiet hours so there is no question if they need to be enforced. Our stay was quiet and restful. We will definitely stay at the HIE again when we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ed_Schererville_IN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Schereville North, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
I am always very happy when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received. As soon as I received your comments, I immediately forwarded them to my team.
Once again, thank you for taking time to for feedback. I value you as our guest and hope to have you as a customer again very soon.
Hinsdale, IL
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great location for us to stay for a show Merreville, IN Star Plaza (10min away). Our room was very clean and spacious. The linens and bed was very comfortable. The staff was kind and very quick with check-in. The breakfast was the standard Holiday-Inn breakfas--good and filling. I would stay here again and recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ed_Schererville_IN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Schereville North, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for the great review and for recommending our hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are going to Merrillville, IN to see a show. Thanks again for your support and we sure hope to see you again soon.
Kendallville, Indiana
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This is what a hotel stay should be like. From the time walking in the door to the time I got to my room was under 2 minutes. Gave them my name at the front desk and they had everything ready to go for me. They even had upgraded me to a Jacuzzi suite without asking for it. My room was right next to the front door so it was easy to get in and out of the hotel. The room itself was clean and everything was in working order. The towels in the room were some of the nicest towels I've ever gotten at a hotel. I used the Jacuzzi tub and the best part about it was that they had enough hot water to fill it up and use it. Most of these I have gotten before got cold before they got filled up. This one I actually had to run cold water in before I was able to get into it. They also have a pool with a hot tub that is attached to it. It is in a nice area and everything there was clean as well. The breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn Express stuff which is good for being included.

If I'm in this area again I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am so happy that we were able "WOW" you during your stay with us. We strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Thanks again for your support and we sure hope to see you again soon.
Ed Mamrila
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schererville
Hampton Inn & Suites Schererville
#5 of 6 in Schererville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Schereville North? Share your experiences!