“Then & Now”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Schererville
Kentuckiana
“Then & Now”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The reviews here had me on the lookout for poor customer service. I really just steered clear of the front desk after check-in. Why look for trouble? Room was nice. Got as good night's sleep as I ever do when traveling. Breakfast was sufficient, gave me the chance to stretch out my morning a bit & not have to go running around or spending more money.
Here's the problem. Two days after staying, I started to notice red, itchy bumps on my torso, back, arms. I did some googling & found pictures of bed bug bites & well . . . looks like my luck ran out.
It's time for the government to let our public places use whatever they need to for our protection. This is ridiculous.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We only stayed one night but had a great time. The room was beautiful and comparable to the Hyatt Regency that I recently stayed at downtown Chicago, only when you looked out of the window you remembered that you were in the suburbs. The free WIFI, free parking, fridge/microwave in the room, better pool & hot tub, bigger television channel selection and free breakfast buffet made it cooler than the Hyatt Regency. The quality was the same in both places (i.e. granite counter tops, down feather comforters that are washed daily). It's walking distance to a lot of cool restaurants and shopping centers too!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NikkiN55
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The hotel was great, the breakfast very good, and the vast majority of the staff was helpful and had smiles on their faces. Even the maintenance guy was apologetic about the bubbles not working in the hot tub. One glitch for me and anyone who makes online reservations, they had problems with getting the reservations on their system. Therefore I had to wait 40 minutes to check-in, which wouldn't have been so bad but when you add Jill's pouty face to the mix along with somehow making me feel it was my fault, it gets thing off on the wrong foot. Finally I asked her if there was something she could do to make this a little more pleasant for me. Thankfully she generated rooms keys so my husband could take the kids to swim. Then the same thing happened to the people behind me.

Room Tip: Our room was right near the elevator so a little loud.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dayton, OH
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We choose the Holiday Inn Express brand whenever we can because we're very happy with the consistent quality of the rooms. Here and there are little deviations, but on the whole our experience has been positive.

The room was beautiful, and as Priority Club members we got an easy check-in and a little gift bag of water and snacks. There were only two problems with the room: there were pills (looked like Excedrin) under the dresser...my toddler found them, luckily didn't sample them...and one of the windows was broken. The broken window had been temporarily repaired with another pane of glass stuck over it, but the edges of the smaller repair pane were still sharp. I tried to close the blackout curtains over it, so that our little girl wouldn't get curious and hurt herself, but the curtains were off the track and wouldn't budge. My opinion is that they shouldn't rent out a room that has that sort of safety issue, especially to a family traveling with kids.

We were tired and only staying the one night, so we just made the most of it and I called the hotel after we checked out. They were very nice about it and the manager called to apologize personally.

Room Tip: Join the free Priority Club for a better rate and perks.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Very nice hotel, clean & comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a great variety of hot or cold items. There was something for everyone The staff was friendly and helpful, too. We were in Schererville to attend a funeral for a loved one in Lowell and were traveling with small children and this hotel was perfect for us. We didn't get a chance to use the pool but it appeared nice. It is heated and indoors. The beds were very comfortable, too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel is new and is very nice. Even with a large wedding party staying there...the hotel was amazing. Best breakfast we had during the entire summer at any Holiday Inn Express. Friendly staff. Big and clean and comfortable room. Recognized we were Priority Club members and gave us a nice gift bag with water and snacks. Pool was amazing..even had toys for the kids. There is a Culvers within walking distance of the hotel. The hotels is right at the crossroads of Hwy 30 and Hwy 41...it is convenient to everything. There are lots of stores and restaurants close to this hotel. I will stay here from now on when visiting the area if it stays this nice.

2 Thank IndianaKris
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The beds were comfortable and the air conditioner worked well and was VERY necessary. We swam in the pool which was a little small but very enjoyable and the hot tub wasn't too hot (the way I like it). What impressed me the most was the breakfast they offered. The menu included biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, bagels, english muffins, yogurt, cereal, milk, juice.... They had just about anything you might be hungry for in the morning which gave us plenty of variety so we didn't feel like we were eating the same things over and over. We also took advantage of the business office where we planned our day-to-day schedule. The staff was courteous and friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schererville
Hampton Inn & Suites Schererville
#5 of 6 in Schererville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Schereville North? Share your experiences!