“Kelseys or not by name”
Review of Blackstone Woodfire Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Prime is about like Kelsey's to me. The food is so so and service was poor. I really did NOT like the uncomfortable booth seating or even the chairs. They did tke off ten dollars with a coupon, so that helped. But this is not fine dining.

2  Thank Christine M

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have gone here when it was Kelseys for many years. The last few years as Kelseys it has been going down hill. Now that it is 73rd Street prime it has become much worse. We went as a group last night. We waited closed to an hour after we ordered our main dinner. The French Onion soup had so much salt it was uneatable. The steaks were chewy and somewhat cold from what two of our guests stated. The perch was dry from being over cooked and cold when arrived. The salmon was good from what two of our guest stated. One of our guest ordered chicken and pasta. Not sure who the chef was that night but the chicken taste like it was boiled, dry and they added some spices to make it look like it was grilled or something. The odd thing was they added cauliflower and pepper rings? Not a good combination at all. My daughter who loves chicken and pasta did not even finish it after one bit. When the deserts did come out, they were frozen solid and had to be cut with a steak knife. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE! IT’S AWEFUL!!!!

4  Thank Chris L
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have gone to kelseys and now 73rd Street Prime on and off for many years and the food and service has always been mediocre. The last visit, on Fathers Day 2012, was horrible. The hostesses are always young girls with no maturity or self confidence. A so-called finer steakhouse needs to have adults with custy service experience greeting and directing the custy's. My fish was a forkfull of salt that had me gagging and incredulous on the first bite. I could not eat anymore of it. We have never been very happy with them. The newer Kelseys in Valparaiso has much better food and well interviewed and nice hostesses. After this last visit we will not be going back.

3  Thank Doc M
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife loves going to Kelsey's. She says the steaks are excellent and she loves the creamy garlic dressing. She is always hinting to go there. I admit that I think their food is very good. I usually get the filet butterflyed. We try to go for the early specials before the crowd starts coming in.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have not been to this restaurant since it was Kelsey's and it was one of our favorite steakhouses. We went with two friends today and were somewhat dissapointed. The steak was fairly good, the service was pretty good, the waiter informed us that the blue chees would costs $1.5 extra when we ordered it but when the waiter asked if we wanted mushrooms or onions on our steaks my husband and I did not want any but our friends said yes and were NOT told they cost extra - the mushrooms were 3.50 and the grilled onions were 3.75 this made their $20 steak cost over $27 for a small filet. Our meal with no appetizer, no alcohol, just iced tea and dinner was $61 before adding the tip for a steak that was just ok. The bills were just laid on the table no leather check holder.... It was just weird. There was not many people in the dining room so I guess word has spread.

We probably will not go back.

2  Thank musgroves