“NEVER AGAIN !!!”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 103 Restaurants in Schererville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to this horrid place on Sunday 06.02.13, we were very very disappointed with the service & the food quality. We waited in the main entrance area for about 10 minutes without anyone saying as much as "Hello, we'll be with you in a moment" or anything remotely close. Several people walked passed us and or made eye contact with us during our long wait. Once the manager made eye contact with us, my husband let him know how long we had waited and he said "oh, I know ... I saw ya'll". I could not believe his response, no apology or anything just "oh, I know ... I saw ya'll". It only got worse after this, the food took a very long time to come to our table and it was not good, I ordered a turkey burger & the garlic cheese mashed potato's. I took a picture, my burger was dry and tasted of dirty grill, the potato's had zero cheese or garlic, just a few chives that set on the top of the hard scope of mashed potato's. When I asked my waitress about them she stated that the cheese & garlic was inside the huge dry lumpy mass of potato. I should her the picture on the menu and she said, "it does look a bit different". She offered us some chips & salsa while we waited for our main course. Needless to say the chips were stale and the salsa was dripping off the side of the dish it was in. We asked for the check & did not finish our meals. A table of four and my son was the only one happy with his meal. He ordered a spicy shrimp & pasta dish, I did taste a bite and it was pretty well seasoned. But the overall experience leaves me with two short words: NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!! Rude staff, unprofessional, lack of courtesy, lack of customer service - the employees at this resturant should all be FIRED, including the managers and they need to start all over with a fresh new team of workers. The people working in the kitchen should never be allowed to prepare food again. I have eaten at TGI Friday's in the past and I have never had such a horrible experience. I have to own the fact that we did not walk out the door immediately after our interaction with the manager.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I stopped at Friday's for dinner on a wednesday night. We always sit in the bar section and tonight was no different. Upon going to our usual sitting area, there were six tables there with two of the tables occupied, one empty but right next to the bathroom and three that had dirty plates on them waiting to be cleaned off. Upon looking around the bar area we noticed ther were only 3 tables in the whole place that were occupied. After a short wait one table was cleaned quickly so we sat down. Our waitress offered to take our drink order and described the three types of margarita's to my wife who order the smallest sized one. I ordered a Stella Artois. Even though we had a coupon we opted not to use the coupon and ordered one special 2 for $15.00 (One entree and one appetizer) and one 2 for $10.00 (one entree and one appetizer). My wife's appetizer was a spinach flatbread which came to the table cold. I had the spicy queso dip and chips which was not very good at all. We also received a complimentary order of chips and salsa. The salsa was the worst I have ever had and I have had salsa's of all kinds. The entree's were chicken for my wife and Norweigen Salmon for me. The Salmon came with some oranges and some pico sauce that spoiled the taste of the Salmon. My wife's chicken was good but once again it was just barely warm. What I couldn't understand was there were 7 t.v.'s on and 4 had on a basketball game and the other three a comedy sitcome all 7 with no sound. The music playing was too loud and obnoxious. Why have the same sporting event on every t.v.? When the bill came and it was $48.00 we looked it over closely only to find that my wife's 6 oz. margarita cost $9.29 which we thought was insane. I will have a hard time trying to justify a reason to return to Friday's

Reviewed September 20, 2012

A friend and I frequent this restaurant often. The food is good, atmosphere good, and the service is improving. They don't do well catering to the customer, so I think management has truly been offended in the past and has issues. I have seen it for myself. she will tell a customer he/she is wrong in a minute. Other than that, eat, drink and be merry.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've been here plenty of times and like my title says, it's either a HIT or MISS. It's dependent on your server. If you get a crappy one, good luck. If you get a great one, the atmosphere seems almost dream-like.

It's your standard american continental cuisine. Steaks are normally cooked well and the sides are ok. Drinks are overpriced and sometimes watery.

I recommend going when they run one of their specials, the 2 for 10 deal.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

The wait staff at lunch time are so much nicer than the dinner time staff. The food is consistently good. Sometimes it gets a bit loud, but it seems to be that kind of restaurant.

If Tina is the manager on duty, she is good about visiting tables.

The homemade potato chips are yummy.