“I wish I would have found this place sooner!!”
Review of Golden Phoenix

Golden Phoenix
Ranked #41 of 104 Restaurants in Schererville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 16, 2015

I live in hard to find unincorporated Schererville with a Crown Point address. Not much delivers here but a few pizza places. When you are looking for delivery, that gets old fast. I happened on Golden Phoenix while searching the internet. They are 6 miles away from us, but I took a chance and called. They deliver to us!! Had to pay a slightly higher delivery fee, but that is ok, if the food lives up to our standards! And boy, did it!!! We ordered orange chicken, beef egg foo young, Mushroom Supreme, crab rangoon (which came free with the price of our order) and beef fried rice. Let me start by saying the ordering process was fantastic! The gentleman on the phone was very polite and helpful and took his time with our order. The delivery was freakishly fast and super friendly also. And what was most surprising, considering the fast delivery was the freshness of the food!! It was by far, the freshest we have had in the area in the 10 years we have been here! The egg foo young had the light brown sauce, which is hard to find here. The crab rangoon was THE BEST!!! Super stuffed and fried perfectly!!! Very tasty! And the portions were more than generous! The only negative we could think of were the egg rolls that came with a couple of the dishes were not up to par. They were the smaller, more processed seeming type. We will definitely make this our go to dinner delivery place!!

Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

The food is ok. It has a family friendly cost. Their decorations are kinda weird. They have a Furby.?.?.?. Also when you walk in their is this annoying little frog that says "ding dong hello welcome"

Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is the second best chinese place in Lake county