“Its ok, little bland”

Description: Second La Caretta in area, one also in Merrillville, IN
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Its ok, little bland”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

If you like really plain Mexican food then this is for you. Their rice didn't have a lot of flavor. Shrimp chimichanga was small. Steak tacos were bland. It wasn't horrible but I wouldn't come back or crave it.

“Good food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is good food, good service and you get your money's worth. I have eaten there for lunch and dinner. I was happy both times I was there. I will go back for sure

• Visited July 2013
Crete, Illinois, United States
“Very Enjoyable Dining Experience”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

First of all, based on my experience, it's authentic Mexican Cuisine. At first glance, there is always a crowd; that generally is a good sign. Once seated, we treated well, provided unlimited portions of salsa and chips, which are delicious. My wife and I don't drink and their virgin daiquiris are wonderful. The quality of the food is great and quantity of food is just as great. We have been to this restaurant on several occasions and each time it is absolutely wonderful!

Visited April 2013
Schererville, Indiana
“Seems to be the "hot new place" to go.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I like La C' quite a bit and plan on going back. The food is good. But, while I have found the bar menu fairly broad and varied. I suspicion the tequila is a cheaper brand or not mixing well in that giant mixer. I seem to feel the affects too quickly and have had a heacache after just one. It is a superior Mexican restaurant, but not the best in the area. In my opinion, Jalapenos has better margaritas and food.

• Visited March 2013
Dyer
“We will be back again and again”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went here today for lunch with my 2 year old granddaughter. The pork tacos were fantastic.

The service was equally fantastic. They of course, bring you chip and salsa when you are first seated. When my server asked what Annabella would like I explain just a bowl of queso to dip her chips in instead of the salsa and it was promptly brought to our table.

He came by several times to see if liked her cheese and chips, very uncommon for most wait staff to try and converse with a 2 year old.

When I got the bill I noticed I had not been charged for the queso dip and pointed out to my server. His comment was that he watched how much she enjoyed eat up her chips and cheese, he just wanted her to have it on the house.

I was so impressed with him I left him a $6.00 tip on a $14.00 tab.
Annabella and I will surely be back next week for our Taco Thursday Lunch